European Space Agency to Prove Moon Landings

goofyfish

Analog By Birth, Digital By Design
Valued Senior Member
Conspiracy theorists, you have a problem. In an effort to silence claims that the Apollo moon landings were faked, European scientists are to use the world's newest and largest telescope to see whether the spacecraft are still on the lunar surface. (Full text here)
Peace.

Now that's funny. A total waste of resources, but why the hell not? :D

it'll be a fake picture!!
Now astronomers hope to kill off the conspiracy theory forever by using the Very Large Telescope (VLT)....
:rolleyes: Gee. is that the technical name?? :D

Originally posted by Neville
it'll be a fake picture!!
Well, the thread got one post farther than
I thought it would before the cry was raised.

Peace.

EvilPoet!
thank you for that link!!!

I laughed so hard :D
funnest thing ive seen in a while :)

got anymore?! :p

Canadian: You are welcome and I agree funny stuff.

Hmmm ... I'm not sure if I have anymore. I will have to look
in my saved bookmarks - if I find any I will post them. :)

Here is one of those "faked images" for the conspircy crowd...
pan_surveyor6_full.jpg

Surveyor Hops
Credit : Surveyor Project, NASA

This panorama of the cratered lunar surface was constructed from images returned by the US Surveyor 6 lander. Surveyor 6 was not the first spacecraft to accomplish a soft landing on the Moon ... but it was the first to land and then lift off again! After the spacecraft touched down near the center of the Moon's nearside in November of 1967, NASA controllers commanded it to hop. Briefly firing its rocket engine and lifting itself some 4 meters above the surface, the Surveyor moved about 2.5 meters to one side before setting down again. The hopping success of Surveyor 6 essentially marked the completion of the Surveyor series main mission - to determine if the lunar terrain was safe for the planned Apollo landings

Back