ethical dream

geeser

Atheism:is non-prophet making
Valued Senior Member
I had this dream, the other night, that when roughly like this.
in this dream a man is accidently killed by me, I got knocked by someone passing me and in turn knocked this man into an electric fence, and he died.
well it becomes an ethical dilema, because of the accident my life changes, I get interviewed about as it has an adverse effect on me, I right a book on the subject, and get married and have children, and become very rich, some fifteen years on, I'm told by god that I can, go back in time to save this man,
what do I do, what would you do?.
do you go back and save him and thus lose your new family.
or stay where you are with you new family, and leave him dead.

with no sort of ethical principle at all, i know very well that I'd leave him dead. I wouldn't even justify it to myself...I'd just selfishly want to keep up my life.

Then again I might make an attempt at justification - I shouldn't play God and change time, I've done good things with my life, ie raised a family etc, that man might turn out to be the next hitler whereas now the world is ticking along nicely....

I'd feel bloody guilty about it though.

geeser said:
in this dream a man is accidently killed by me, I got knocked by someone passing me and in turn knocked this man into an electric fence, and he died.
well it becomes an ethical dilema, because of the accident my life changes, I get interviewed about as it has an adverse effect on me, I right a book on the subject, and get married and have children, and become very rich, some fifteen years on, I'm told by god that I can, go back in time to save this man,
you decide what to do

geeser said:
Nice dream, consistent and all.

The message is for you.

geeser said:
I did I want to know yours, dragon.

Survival of the fittest, thats my motto. No its not evil, it is life. But the choice lies whether you love you family or not, if you do love your family and you believe that at least one of the family members deserves to live because of his pure heart, then do not go back, if you think your family does not love you and not one of the family members has a soul that will give good to the world, then go back and save that man.

Back