equal rights pastor goes nuts

Marriage, I'm fine with.

Adoption, I'm not so sure: you have a third party involved.

Marriage, I'm fine with.

Adoption, I'm not so sure: you have a third party involved.

and your point is???????????? only heterosexuals can provide a loving environment to raise children?

“The NLLFS has been studying the same group of lesbian families since 1986; it is the only study to have followed the daughters and sons of lesbians from conception to adulthood,” said the news release. “The results released today are based on data gathered when the adolescents were 17 years old. The report also found no differences in the psychological adjustment of NLLFS adolescents who had been conceived by known and unknown donors, nor between those who reported homophobic stigmatization and those who did not.

“Although there are over 40 studies on young children with same-sex parents, data on adolescents reared by same-sex parents are very limited. The current NLLFS report shows that despite homophobic stigmatization, the adolescent daughters and sons of lesbians demonstrate more competencies and fewer behavioral problems than age-matched peers. These findings support the position statements of all major professional associations concerning the well-being of children growing up in lesbian and gay families.

link---> http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2010/06/9137/

and your point is???????????? only heterosexuals can provide a loving environment to raise children?

I'm sure homosexuals can provide a loving environment. That's not the problem. The problem is that the child will be culturally affected. He'd be deprived of being raised properly.

I'm sure homosexuals can provide a loving environment. That's not the problem. The problem is that the child will be culturally affected. He'd be deprived of being raised properly.

Children raised by gay parents dont (usually) grow up to be gay... go figure.

That's not what I mean. I mean that they won't be raised with proper values.
How do you know that gay couples wouldn't raise children with "proper values"? Citations? or just your own gut feeling?

Seriously, I don't know... Seems like two males or two females would be capable of properly raising children, especially since it seems to be the consensus that "single" parent families do alright. Or do you disagree with that proposition as well?

How do you know that gay couples wouldn't raise children with "proper values"? Citations? or just your own gut feeling?

Seriously, I don't know... Seems like two males or two females would be capable of properly raising children, especially since it seems to be the consensus that "single" parent families do alright. Or do you disagree with that proposition as well?

I'm sure they can do a fine job. I suppose it's just my own personal feeling; I'm happy having straight parents and I can't imagine having gay parents and being raised with a taboo.

That's not what I mean. I mean that they won't be raised with proper values.

proper values like what? like it's a good thing to love someone and have a committed relationship with them?

what about valuing your sexuality? heterosexuals do that too.

Back