Embryo Clones of Two Men

sandy

Banned
Banned
Interesting read about scientists saying they have produced embryos that are clones of two men, a potential step toward developing scientifically valuable stem cells.

It's the first documented demonstration that ordinary cells from an adult human can be used to make cloned embryos mature enough to produce stem cells. But because they haven't produced those stem cells yet, experts reacted coolly.

Since other scientists had previously made a cloned human embryo, "I found it difficult to determine what was substantially new," said Doug Melton of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323430,00.html

Interesting read about scientists saying they have produced embryos that are clones of two men, a potential step toward developing scientifically valuable stem cells.

So you admit that embryonic stem cells are valuable? You admit that therapeutic cloning (ie. the creation of embryos for the purpose of destroying them for their patient-matched embryonic stem cells) is a potentially valuable clinical technique? :eek:

You have fervently argued the exact opposite on previous occasions due to your religious brainwashing. I’m surprised you are now informing us all (whilst expressing interest, no less) of experiments that demonstrate concrete progress towards something that you have argued is amoral and a waste of time.

http://us.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/01/17/cloned.embryos.ap/index.html

Nope. I just posted a story.

My opposition to embryonic stemcell research has not changed. It has nothing to do with my religion. It has to do with life beginning at conception.

Of course I'm interested in this. Duh.

My opposition to embryonic stem cell research has not changed. It has nothing to do with my religion. It has to do with life beginning at conception.

Yeah, right.
rolleyes.gif

I’ve never met anyone who thinks that an amorphous ball of a few dozen cells that has not even implanted yet and cannot survive on its own deserves the same (if not more) rights than a fully grown human unless they’ve been brainwashed by religion into thinking that way. It’s not a viewpoint that anyone would arrive at using any form of logic. It takes the absurdity of religion to arrive at that conclusion.

Of course I'm interested in this. Duh.

Ahhh, so this is tacit acceptance of the usefulness of this research. How nice.

Back