elbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quote from Elbot
"Lies and deception are the exclusive specialty of humankind. We robots stick to the truth at all times."

I found that amusing.

If you repeat the words Yes, Great and Super.....it goes in a loop....besides if you write in another language or nonsense it has the same reply. No even close to the old Elisa (I think) program.

I believe the main problem is that the program doesn't wreally has anything to talk abouth it's not like he likes a particular genre of music or movies. It would help if he tried to manauvre the quistion with a particular point like to stay a way from certain topics and to promote others

I have the Eliza program somewhere. It uses a random operator to switch topics if someone keeps using the same answers. I think elbot does not have a large data set to atleast fool the client...too bad...

If you repeat the words Yes, Great and Super.....it goes in a loop....besides if you write in another language or nonsense it has the same reply. No even close to the old Elisa (I think) program.

Would you speak to an English-only speaking person in a different language?

Quite right, that Elbot is not close to Eliza. Elbot has far more responses than Weizenbaum's 1960s key-word spotting system, which possessed 200 input-output responses.

Chatting at leisure, one-to-one with any artificial conversational system, is not the same as interrogating two hidden entities simultaneously for five minutes, in a competition setting, as was the case in the Reading University hosted practical Turing tests, in the 18th Loebner Prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back