Egypt to Legalize Necrophilia? "FareWell Intercourse" Law

madanthonywayne

Morning in America
Registered Senior Member
This seems unbelievable, but according to Al Arabiya News & the MailOnline, well......

Egypt’s National Council for Women (NCW) has appealed to the Islamist-dominated parliament not to approve two controversial laws on the minimum age of marriage and allowing a husband to have sex with his dead wife within six hours of her death according to a report in an Egyptian newspaper.

The appeal came in a message sent by Dr. Mervat al-Talawi, head of the NCW, to the Egyptian People’s Assembly Speaker, Dr. Saad al-Katatni, addressing the woes of Egyptian women, especially after the popular uprising that toppled president Hosni Mubarak in February 2011.

She was referring to two laws: one that would legalize the marriage of girls starting from the age of 14 and the other that permits a husband to have sex with his dead wife within the six hours following her death.
Surely these reports are incorrect. Who would want to do such a thing?

The Huffington Post is reporting that some Egyptian sources are claiming via Twitter that this story is propaganda placed by sources loyal to former dictator Hosni Mubarak.

I don't see those as belonging together.
The necrophilia part (?optional and practiced with discretion) hurts nobody. I suppose it offends many, especially xtians, so i wouldn't be surprised if it really were propaganda... or else meant to deflect attention from the one that's really wrong, and probably true, the first part about very young girls, who have no say in the matter.

Back