Egg Donation

jezza88

Registered Member
hey i was wonderin if any one could help me with the social and biological reasons for egg donation...it would be greatly appreciated
jezza :confused:

Social reason = an altruistic or financial desire to assist an infertile woman conceive a child.

Biological = Egg donation can help infertile women who have undergone an early menopause or whose ovaries respond poorly to fertility medications. It offers an option for many couples who would otherwise have no way to conceive have a child.<P>

Money! One egg can bring in two grand. If I had to gold mines in my abdomen I would mine them empty. :D and buy some :m: :D

Freezing ova has been a problem, the ova's specialized centromeres tend to get damaged by the cryogenic temperatures and render it sterile. If or when this problem can be solved egg selling could really benefit as well as invitro fertilization by allowing a loop around the whole frozen embryo problem.

Last edited:
Biological? Although there is no human drive to lie on a table and have someone extract ova, it would spread your (assuming female) genes. There's no reason for humans, as far as minds are concernerned, to dish out eggs to one another except for money, or perhaps for some people a selfish sense of satisfaction that you've helped someoen else.

Money! One egg can bring in two grand. If I had to gold mines in my abdomen I would mine them empty.

perhaps for some people a selfish sense of satisfaction that you've helped someoen else.

Have either of you two gentlemen ever been shot full of hormones and stabbed in the abdomen recently?

I thought not.
Dee Cee

Back