Ed Rosenthal gets 1 day in prison

NenarTronian

Teenaged Transhumanist
Registered Senior Member
San Francisco, CA: A federal judge today sentenced noted marijuana author and cultivation expert Ed Rosenthal to one day in prison with credit for time served. Rosenthal could have faced as many as 60 years in prison after being convicted in January on three counts related to marijuana cultivation. Rosenthal grew marijuana to supply local patients who use it in accordance with state law.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5659

or a slightly more reputable source for some http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2964324.stm

So what do you all think of this? Good, bad? Undermines Federal government's power, or is it a victory to the pro-decrim, pro-states rights types? I personally am very happy about this newest development in the arguments between the State and Federal governments concerning states having their own marijuana and medicinal marijuana laws....

kthnxbye ;)

Definitely good news. It would have been better if the judge had cleared him altogether of course rather than the symbolic sentence.

hm this was moved very quickly..was in WE&P..no matter. JPS, are you american? Or know american law? I am unsure as to whether they can appeal the judges decision to higher courts or not..if taken to the Supreme Court he will most surely get time..

Rosenthal could have faced as many as 60 years in prison after being convicted in January on three counts related to marijuana cultivation

OMG is that serious what u could get for growing plants ? good thing I dont live there :D

I bet he got off cuz he's a jew :p , nah just kidding .........or am I ? :confused:
or a slightly more reputable source for some

Its incredible that on this forum thats actually pretty necesarry or the entire subject is thrown out the door all together ? Even Rosy's existence probably would have been questioned ....

Last edited:
NenarTronian,

Yeah, The state can't appeal to a higher court for a harsher sentence. This decision is final. The only thing they could do in this case is find someting else to charge him with, but my guess is they'll leave him alone for the time being.

Although they lost this time, there's a major crackdown on marijuana/hemp culture in the US(particularly on the west coast I hear) I dont know the specifics but states are being forced to enforce laws against drug paraphenelia, which have put a lot of glass blowing companies out of business, and the owners and blowers themselves are being charged with possesion of drug paraphenelia. Actually thats worthy of its own thread.

Last edited:
Back