Earth is the Arkansas of the universe

Clockwood

You Forgot Poland
Registered Senior Member
Though I do not believe aliens have or will come to the solar system anytime soon I am sure of one thing: If they came it would be because they were out of gas. They would fuel up and head out as fast as the speed limit would allow.

We are so &&##&#@^ messed up anybody out there should be afraid our problems would infect their civilization like a nasty STD. We are surely inbred yahoo rednecks by galactic standards.

Don't believe me? Watch the news.

But why would they stop here for fuel, as our planet is pretty much limited in resources and they are getting lower with every day.

I think they would just cruise past with their solar reflectors (the one that force solar energy into a fission chamber so that no other fuel that solar power is necessary) and just ignore our primitive adolescent nature.

Considering no other aliens have been met we don't know what their morales are like. We could be nation of pacifists compared to them

If we look super ugly (monster like) to them and vice versa - then forget about any meetings any time soon.

They might stop by to pick up a souvenir. Something like a t-shirt that says:
"I visited earth and all I got to do was anal probe a redneck and get this t-shirt"

Well they may not know, which human orifice is used for what purpose, so may be just checking it out....:D

They may see our military expertise and scoop us up as mercenaries.....I can only hope

I was debating sci-fi stuff with some friends, the other day. I dont know if somebody has already written a book on this, but one speculation was:

What if...on some planet organic life evolved such that the whole speceships and beings are of same material, ie a combination of life and machines that are like the creatures in the "Independence Day" that roam the galaxy looking to harvest humanoid or intelligent brains to be used as organic computers in their systems. While they could copy the brain itself, they may need the software and database that goes with it - so roam the galaxy looking for you know what....

Scary thought....(It was late night you know....)

Actually, if you check CounslerCoffee's profile and go to his website, Earth is logically a great rest stop from Uranus on the way to Alpha Centauri.

Actually, if you are going from planets in Sagittarius arm to Perseus arm, then you have to pass through Orion arm and perhaps our planet...

I could not find a map that zooms into our local clusters including the two side arms and identifying the suns.

I did find this one...enjoy...

12lysA.gif

Here is another that could provide a much better traffic pattern - if aliens are zooming within 25 light year radius. Which two do you think has advanced lifes?

50lysA.gif

You just enter the galactic co-ordinates and your flying saucer takes you there. My spaceship looks like this:

P3170021.JPG

I call Shotgun!!!:D

Even if Aliens did travel past Earth, how would they know we are here if they are zoooooooooooming past us :confused:

We need to make an alien truck stop and diner. That'll be cool

Originally posted by Thor

We need to make an alien truck stop and diner. That'll be cool

May be we need to set up a beacon that goes beep ...beep....outside our atmosphere...we need to attract human like creatures that look beautiful like mairmaids or something....:D

Originally posted by kmguru
May be we need to set up a beacon that goes beep ...beep....outside our atmosphere...we need to attract
Hell, what makes you think they don't already know that we are looking for them? Maybe they are turning off the lights and pulling the shades hoping that we will think nobody's home!

:D

Peace.

Back