Drink and drive

http://www.jacksonholestartrib.com/...national/bcb651555754eb7987257248007cb86f.txt

".. a new study finds that people with a moderate amount of alcohol in their blood have a better chance of surviving traumatic brain injury, if they make it as far as a hospital, than those who haven't been drinking at all."

That happened with my step-dad(not brain injury though), his face left an imprint on the dash before he went through the windsheild. They said if he wouldn't have been drunk, he'd have probably died(because he wouldn't have been so relaxed).

You assholes, look what you did to her face.

jacqui_poster.jpg

Geez, I've seen worse than that face on people who were born that way. No booze involved at all. So what's yer' point exactly?? just shock value?

Baron Max
I think the point is that she wasn't born that way. That it was avoidable and unnecessary, yes?

I think the point is that she wasn't born that way. That it was avoidable and unnecessary, yes?

And accidents of all kinds happen that cause horrendous disfigurement, yet there's no booze involved at all. They aren't called "accidents" for no reason.

Baron Max

And accidents of all kinds happen that cause horrendous disfigurement, yet there's no booze involved at all. They aren't called "accidents" for no reason.

Baron Max
There are different kinds of accidents. Some are foreseeable and avoidable; others aren't. For instance, getting hit by lightning is - by an reasonable definition - unforeseeable and unavoidable. Yes, you could just stay indoors permanently and thus make getting struck by lightning a virtual impossibility - but few would see this as a reasonable course of action.

Other 'accidents' are foreseeable and avoidable to varying extents. Like drink-driving. Or: getting in a car with someone you know is over the limit.

Yes, Baron: lots of people are stupid and do all kinds of stupid things. But surely more sensible people should discourage and try to prevent these stupid acts, and punish the stupid people responsible where appropriate? Surely you don't disagree with that?

Mod Hat (tiassa ™)
modhat.png

Hello friends of Biology & Genetics,

let's not start calling each other names because of an error in communication.

We have two issues here:

1. people who drink and get in an accident have a better chance of surviving brain injury.

2. people who drink and drive are irresponsible and betting with other people's lives.

I'm not going to edit anything because I think at this point we all realize what went wrong in this thread.

Your friendly biology & Genetics mod

Back