dreaming ahead of time

tablariddim

forexU2
Valued Senior Member
How many times has it happened to you that in your dream, the phone starts ringing (and it feels like it's a logical part of the dream) and then, a few seconds later, the real phone starts? It happens to me quite often and usually when I nap for a couple of hours during the day.

It doesn't feel like coincidence, it feels as though in my dream state, I must somehow be ahead of time, just slightly in the future. Maybe, in my future state, I have heard the real phone ringing and I adjust my dream to incorporate the phenomenon in the dream sequence. I don't know. D'you think we time travel when asleep?

How many times has it happened to you that in your dream, the phone starts ringing (and it feels like it's a logical part of the dream) and then, a few seconds later, the real phone starts? It happens to me quite often and usually when I nap for a couple of hours during the day.

So, its too difficult to comprehend that the phone WAS ringing?

Today happened a weird thing.
I dremt that a friend of mine had registered in my internet forum. In my dream I saw posts with her name and the avatar pic. with her photo.

Just now I got an email from the said friend that she had just tried to register in my forum, but had some problems and if I could help her out through the reg. process.

haha, (Q)... nice.

you know what? the same thing has happened to me, except the person who was calling before hung up because I didn't answer. So, they called again, and I woke up.

Besides, testimony is irrelevant. This can be tested. If you can truly predict something, then there is something there, if not, you are making assumptions about truths that do not exist... go test it. Go to sleep, and have a friend call you. See if you can reproduce the results. do it over and over again.

Thing is, the last time it happened, in the dream my mobile rang twice and then, immediately afterwards my land phone began ringing.

I think you're sleeping very lightly (especially as its happening in the afternoon more often). You know when you're in that semi conscious state, you can sense the outside world (i.e. sounds) but still think you're dreaming. Is it not possible that you heard the phone ring a couple of times in a semi conscious state, then woke up and heard it ring a couple more times properly? I think the same thing happened with your mobile...maybe someone rang your mobile, you heard it but incorporated into your dream, and then that person rang your home phone?

well ive had a dreams and they have happened exactly the way the dream was. It will usually happen then i will realize i had the dream after. its pretty weird.

No, my mobile didn't ring; I checked it. It is true though, that the quality of sleep/dreams is different in the afternoon, sometimes I have very lucid dreams, where it feels as though everything is really happening and that I'm not even asleep (though obviously I am,), or sometimes, the things are happening and feel Real, but I'm aware that I'm asleep. Anyway, this phone ringing thing happens often, but I'm usually aware if I've incorporated it into the dream, sometimes it's just not part of the dream at all though and I'm just simply woken up by the phone.

Back