Dream Questions

sly1

Heartless
Registered Senior Member
I have a question about a dream and figured that someone here would know more about dreams than I.

Just the other night I had a dream that was so real all of my senses were at use. The dream I had was about the same day i just went through. I mean exactly to a tee the conversations the places I went the events and I only realised this when I woke up because when I was dreaming I thought it was all real. The thing that gets me is that In my dream I should have had a sence of deja vu but it was as if it was the first time I did everything even though I had done it all already before I went to sleep. I guess you could say I lived the same day twice. Once in reality before I went to sleep and then again in my dreams. I have never heard of this happening before. Any explanations or insite on this. Im confused about it.

This sounds like a common anxiety dream. Do you have any big stressor, a deadline hanging over your head maybe? I used to get these all the time, having to go through my awful day again in my sleep. It got pretty bad there for a while. And yes, for some reason they are quite vivid which makes them so much worse.

It could be stress but I have been more stressed than I am now without it ever effecting my dreams. And about them seeming real, well I seriously was puzzeled and confused when I woke up because I seriously thought I was in another reality. For example I got a bloody nose playing basketball that day and in my dream I could taste the blood, I remember specificly tasting a salty thick blood. It was too real is what Im trying to say. Its seriously makeing me question reality right now.

Oh gee, I guess you are right then, "Very Real" may be enough to describe an anxiety dream but not this I guess. You must be a modern day prophet, or be able to cross over to other dimensions while your mind in this one is not active. Yep, its the only explanation that makes any sense at all! When did parapsychology people become so overly concerned with convincing themselves that their dreams are so extraordinary that they must be supernatural? Where are the guys who thought big? The psychics, the telekinetics the ghost channelers?

Thats most likely normal, i've had dreams that felt very real loads, but never re-lived a day through them, dreams are quite weird sensations, and manage to tell you things in a subtle way(when i was very little and wet the bed i didnt know i was doing it, until i realised i often needed to pee in my dreams and would go against a tree in the dream and it was related) sometimes dreams are sort of the bodies way of telling you something, i often wake up in pain from something thats happened in my dream, though most likely my body just aches and it uses my dream to let me know i need an asprin or something. (sounds kinda weird i know but my theory is dreams are very much relative to reality, so your dream is completely normal) :)

Back