Dominant Human?

LostInThought7

Registered Senior Member
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to biology, but know enough to get me into trouble.

I understand that certain genes are dominant, and come out on top in reproduction (I understand that a lot of Native American genes breed out quickly, and blue eyes and blond hair are both rare when mixed with other variations).

So, in every area, what are the most dominant genes, as far as we know?

Describe a hypothetical human to me, one that has the most dominant genes of all races.

I'm sorry, but this isn't an answerable question. There are varying estimates that the human genome contains between 15,000 and 35,000 genes. Traits that you see when you look at a person (hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, etc) are often a result of several genes, and can't be simplified to a dominant/recessive relationship. Also, there are single gene traits that have partial dominance, or co-dominance.

Genetics is very complex.

That's what I was thinking. It's not "this always raises to the top", but maybe a paper-rock-scissors (to simplify it greatly).

I just wasn't sure. But I was under the impression that dark hair was pretty much always dominant. Stuff like that.

Yeah, not a break-down of every gene, but a general description of what we are pretty sure (brown eyes, black hair, moderate facial hair, slightly tanned, whatever).

But if this is still too impossible, then may this thread be locked. Or whatever, heh.

Back