Dog ate owners toe

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Do you feel bad for this woman?

ALTON, Ill. — A disabled Alton woman is mourning her beloved miniature dachshund, "Roscoe," even though the 1-year-old dog is believed to have gnawed off her right big toe while she was asleep.

Linda Floyd, 56, who has no feeling in her toes because of nerve damage from severe diabetes, discovered the toe was missing after awaking from a nap Monday afternoon. She called one of daughters, who then called 911.

While she was being treated at Saint Anthony's Health Center, Floyd decided to have "Roscoe" euthanized for the safety of others.

Nonetheless, she told The (Alton) Telegraph on Wednesday that she still loved and missed the little dog.

A veterinarian said the toe had been bandaged because of a healing hangnail and that may have somehow attracted the dog.

Why destroy the dog, they could have just filed down his teeth so they weren't so sharp.:shrug:

Should we not feel bad for her? I feel bad for her losing her toe, then losing her companion dog, and in general for the publicity making her look stupid. Do you feel bad for her Orleander?

i feel bad that her dog was destroyed against her will.
by the look of her i dont think she'd have that many other companions.

Hmm, I thought people would have less sympathy for her because of how she looks.

I figured they put the dog down because even though it had food, it went to a human and ate part of that human's body off.

So we shouldn't feel sorry for her because she's big, fat and ugly, and looks like a man in drag? Well sorry to disappoint you, but I feel sorry for both her and you.

She's big fat and ugly, is minus a toe, and looks like a man in drag.
And you read Fox 'News'.

The only question left for me is: who is most deserving of my pity?

Because we judge people on how they look. I think we see over weight people in those motorized shopping carts and think "get off your lazy ass and walk/ It will help you lose that weight" Never knowing that person has MS or diabetes and can't walk. I think our sympathy for a person is based on how they look.

Nerve damage of that extent to a toe can only have resulted from extreme bad circulation -- producing a potentially gangrenous situation. She is probably better off without it. We should examine the training of dogs to perform other useful surgical procedures.

Back