Does eating too much sugar alone cause diabetes?

No, as long as your pancreas keeps working properly you won't get diabetes. I think the most common causes of diabetes are old age and being overweight.

Good answer cutsie.

I remember telling a friend of mine that i dont eat sugar and only drink a lot of juice. He said: 'what do you think is in juice' i said: 'not sugar like you fing in cake' He sadi: 'it is the same thing'

I had to agree with him but am still not sure if it is exactly the same- processed sugar compared to honey or juice for example.

In animal studies high sucrose and fructose diets can lead to higher insulin resistance. I think it has not been shown for humans, though.

When you eat to much sugar you will usually gain weight if you don't burn off the excess calories you ingest. When you become overweight you can get diabetes very easily.

Meh. I'm only 55kg on a good day. Definitely not overweight, or anywhere near it.

There are those which have a genetic problem as well. That problem they inherit will lead to them having diabetes no matter what they do. There are ways to control the problem but nothing to actually prevent it has been found. Perhaps one day the genetic researchers will develop a way to get rid or modify the gene that produces many diseases including diabetes.

No, as long as your pancreas keeps working properly you won't get diabetes. I think the most common causes of diabetes are old age and being overweight.

I heard fluctuating weight (gaining weight, dieting, gaining weight..etc) and an unhealthy diet can be factors.

Back