Does being tripped count as a balance test?

IncogNegro

Banned
Banned
I was pulled over for what the cop said was crossing the median. He quickly changed his story to speeding after being asked to write a ticket. He offered me every test he could attempt on me ATM.

I ABC Declined every last one except the blood test. But they tried to arrest me and as I was about to say, "What about a.... " I was thrown to the ground while facing the officers vehicle." they stood me up and offered me the test. They gave me a second option at the hospital which I declined prior to receiving medical assistance.

So... If two officers who both weigh twice as much as you throw you to the ground after two drinks at the bar and you manage to avoid their trips verbally and physically 3 to 4 times within a few seconds with your arms in their hands... Is it impolite to sue? And I suppose the title can be thrown in there some how too...

Short Answer: Yes

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Insert rant about police corruption here.

I live in an area where the police can—

—shoot a man for no reason, file a false report, lie to the review board, be condemned by the department in exceptionally rare language such as the "unequivocal" finding that the shooting was not justified, and still find the prosecutor unwilling to file criminal charges.

—manufacture an arrest, write a false report, destroy evidence that would either corroborate or refute that report, and it's so routine that defense lawyers don't bother objecting anymore because they know the courts endorse such behavior.

—be caught on videotape beating a disabled man and planting evidence on him, and expect the mayor to run interference for you throughout the review process, and the city attorney to bury the public review report.​

There isn't any question why people rioted when Satterberg refused to charge Birk. There's no question why someone set tried to set a police station on fire. There's no question why people smashed police cruisers in the streets. And that's a problem. The feds have gotten involved, resulting in screaming duels in the mayor's office between those who know the jig is up and those who want to keep protecting the police department. It's out of hand. We have had five police chiefs in the last nineteen years. Stamper stood in front of the city during WTO and lied to the people; his police department then deliberately forced the open riot into a residential area; afterward, he complained that his police department didn't have enough domestic espionage authority to crack the evil conspiracy of the direct action camps that had signs out front welcoming the police. His replacement, Johnson, lasted five months as an interim chief. Kerlikowske came up from San Diego, where rank and file police officers loathed him for being an incompetent bureaucrat without a day on the beat. One could reasonably say it was his eight and a half years that got the city into this mess, which is why he's been promoted to national drug czar. Diaz, who just stepped down, was a disappointment; with corruption issues up front, he became, essentially, another apologist. With the Williams killing and Satterberg's cowardice, people in Seattle finally snapped.

So to me the idea of cops manufacturing an arrest? Well, duh. Around here, you can have your Fourteenth Amendment equal protection and stand on par with a cop in the eyes of the law when you get around to becoming a cop.

So, yeah. The short answer is yes, it counts, as long as the cop wants it to.

I was pulled over for what the cop said was crossing the median. He quickly changed his story to speeding after being asked to write a ticket. He offered me every test he could attempt on me ATM.

I ABC Declined every last one except the blood test. But they tried to arrest me and as I was about to say, "What about a.... " I was thrown to the ground while facing the officers vehicle." they stood me up and offered me the test. They gave me a second option at the hospital which I declined prior to receiving medical assistance.

So... If two officers who both weigh twice as much as you throw you to the ground after two drinks at the bar and you manage to avoid their trips verbally and physically 3 to 4 times within a few seconds with your arms in their hands... Is it impolite to sue? And I suppose the title can be thrown in there some how too...

Police cars commonly have a video camera (aka, dash-cam) recording traffic stops. You might want to find out if there is video available of your incident.

Although, your description sounds more like you were driving under the influence, and then refused to cooperate with the officers when they attempted to perform field sobriety testing.

I can't wait to watch the video with my lawer and point to the part where I ask, "on what evidence"

And the cops think, "this ground bitch!" , "oh wait I forgot to ask if you wanted a blood test"

Back