Does anyone know these words?

Nightjar

S...O...S...
Registered Senior Member
I would appreciate any help from anyone who could give me the definitions and/or the origins of any of the following words.

1). Semu
2). raomu or reomu
3). ju
4). se
5). maa
6). Omu
7). ra
8). omuse (pronounced: ahmoosay)
9). rao (pronounced: ray-oh)
10). mu

These words may not all be from the same language and may be an obscure language lost in time. Any information to any of these words would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all!

Last edited:
"Mu" has something to do with the supposed extinct civilization of Lemuria. Can't quite remember. Do a search on the net if you're interested enough.

try throughing them all in google and see what the response/replies you get from the popular search engine are, and if that fails to meet your expectations, try www.vivisimo.com

Could be Japanese.

Ju' means pliable, flexible, give way or yield, as in "Judo".
The rest sound familiar, but it depends on pronounciation and context...

They sound like the names of ancient gods....(notice the little g)
Who cares, they are dead, or wandering spirits one of the two, in which case I will slay them with the sword of the Spirit that procedes out of my mouth.

Jesus Christ is the Lord of lords, in this day He is here as the Judge in vengence to make war, This is the Great and Dreadfull Day of the Lord.

Thanks

I very much appreciate all of your help. I just want you all to know that I am reading your replies and that I'm not just posting and abandoning. I'm here nearly daily.
I have been using the information that you have given me as well as looked them up in Google and everywhere else. I now have about half of the words identified many times over. I am still working on this case.
I am curious though, Elbaz, how was it that you came across the Lemuria information?

Thanks Again!

I very much appreciate all of your help. I just want you all to know that I am reading your replies and that I'm not just posting and abandoning. I'm here nearly daily. :)

You know what, this is only my 3rd posting. Sorry for the slop up above, I'm trying to utilize all my options and apparently, I'm not doing something right.

Last edited:
The context of the words would aid in interpreting. There are probably several definitions for each.

Thank you for replying, Dana. I wish I could give you the context, but all of these words are the context. They were found all together in one or two sentences. I was under the impression that they may be either from a cult, a very ancient one, or was a large variety of different antique languages.

Don't you just love these kind of enigmas?

I think mu was actually the name of their continent. Which coincidentally doesn't exist anymore and did from Madagascar to India(which is hard enough to believe), or in present day Oceania.

Got to go to school so I can't help you know. But I might still have it bookmarked and will get back later.

Ya, I looked up the Lemuria stuff... it was interesting. I'm always happy to learn about a new unknown. I was just wondering if this was something you learned in school, or where did you hear about it?

(Also, I am trying to get my signature and avator and stuff to show up. If it don't work on this post, could anyone help me to get these things to work?)

Last edited:
Nightjar, I believe you have to pay a small fee if you want to be able to display an avatar or a signature in your posts. If you did pay, then be patient, I'm sure everything will soon work just fine.

I forgot to Thank!

Thank you Circe, I got it up and running now! How do you like it?

Also, Le, apparently has a meaning. Does anyone know what Le means?

Back