Do you believe in Religious Superiority?

neal4real87

Registered Member
Do you think that the statements made by religions that say all people will be saved if they believe in that religion is true? Do you think a religon has the right to say so? are you scared?? haha, cuz im not :p, cuz i kinda disagree with them...

Last edited:
neal4real87: DO U REALLY BELIEVE THAT ANY RELIGION CAN TRUELY BE RIGHT????
M*W: That depends. I think Wicca and Neo-Paganism share many truths. I'm also a fan of humanism. I believe ultimately that if there IS a god, that god would have to be humanity.
neal4real87: DO U THINK THAT A RELIGION HAS THE RIGHT TO STATE THAT ANY ONE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW THERE RELIGION WILL BE CONDEMNED TO HELL!!! SO SCARED!!! :p
M*W: Absolutely NOT! The only ones who fear hell are the ones who created it. Such a waste of life, don't you think? Those people spend every waking hour of their lives trying to avoid hell. But, that's hell in itself! These same people focus on a creator god -- somewhere out there dwelling in the sky -- and they miss seeing the goodness in each other. That, too, is hell.

A religion can be right if it includes the idea that it is a method for realizing truth, or a metaphor to help understand the truth, not the truth itself. I refer to Truth with a capitol T (meaning things as they actually are), since they can certainly be right about literal truths like facts or events.

The second question has to do with freedom of expression, so yes, they have every right to state whatever ideas they have about what might happen to you in the afterlife if you don't believe, and we have every right to believe it or not.

First off, can you please take it easy on the caps, neal4real87?

DO U REALLY BELIEVE THAT ANY RELIGION CAN TRUELY BE RIGHT????
No.

DO U THINK THAT A RELIGION HAS THE RIGHT TO STATE THAT ANY ONE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW THERE RELIGION WILL BE CONDEMNED TO HELL!!! SO SCARED!!!
No.

DO U THINK
I don't know

STATE THAT ANY ONE WHO DOESN'T FOLLOW THERE RELIGION WILL BE CONDEMNED TO HELL!!!
If this was true then everyone would be sentenced to hell because many different religions tell people of all other religions that you go to hell. So then we would all end up in hell. If a religione thought that all of their followers would be saved and all the rest condemned, then this is a bad thing because there is no way of knowing uf the other religions that think the same thing are the actual right religions so to say that others will be condemned to hell is, in a way, condemning yourself by believing in such a notion.

A far as superiority goes, I don't think any religion can claim universal superiority. It's such a personal choice, what works for someone might not work for someone else. I see them as methods with ultimately similar goals.

neal4real87 said:
Do you think that the statements made by religions that say all people will be saved if they believe in that religion is true?

Yes, I'm sure all teachings will be of great help, as they have been since the beginning.

Do you think a religon has the right to say so?

Yes, everyone has the right to say so, but it's not always the right thing to do.

are you scared??

No.

haha, cuz im not :p, cuz i kinda disagree with them...

It's natural.

Back