Do gay couples have the right to adopt children?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

lixluke

Refined Reinvention
Valued Senior Member
Should it be legal for homos to adopt children?

Yes... there are too many children without good parents to rule out candidates just because they're both male or both female.

Bowser said:
My thought is that it is an ill concieved union; so I would say no.

My thought is that you don't think these things through very much.

ill-conceived...

Been down that road. My opinion is my own, but if you must ask...

Bowser said:
ill-conceived...

Been down that road. My opinion is my own, but if you must ask...
Ah ha, so spontaneously you're ex-gay, and returned to the other side wiser than we mere mortals? Convenient, or maybe just ill-conceived.

Exactly what is meant by "ill-conceived"? If two gay people love each other and are a couple in the first place, I hardly see how the union was ill-conceived. To me, it just sounds like a more subtle way of saying "gross".

Mystech said:
Ah ha, so spontaneously you're ex-gay, and returned to the other side wiser than we mere mortals? Convenient, or maybe just ill-conceived.

Personal observation at work.

Athelwulf said:
Exactly what is meant by "ill-conceived"? If two gay people love each other and are a couple in the first place, I hardly see how the union was ill-conceived. To me, it just sounds like a more subtle way of saying "gross".

That would be my first reaction. Yes. I also believe that there are more than subtle differences. I believe it is important to have both a mother and a father involved in a childs developement.

Bowser said:

I believe it is important to have both a mother and a father involved in a childs developement.

Gender discrimination is not a worthy basis for any community that intends its own perpetuation through children.

Remember, also, that from the 1980s forward, at least in the U.S., two parents of any gender has often seemed insufficient. Nannies, career planners, sports coaches, ballet teachers, daycare providers, college-prep tutors, religious instructors ... what's wrong with the children? In single-parent families, it is often a lack of supervision and a weak familial relationship. In general, it's that children aren't expected to be children anymore. They're pre-adults, and often cracking under the pressure. To worry about gender roles is farcical at best: bad mothers and fathers abound; bad parents abound. If a child has two loving, well-intended, committed parents, it seems to be a blessing. After all, heterosexuals have created a society in which over a hundred-thousand children a year need homes in the U.S. Good going, heteros.

Maybe it's jealousy. Maybe the heteros just have a general problem with someone they think is gross giving a damn about children. Heterosexuals, you know, are so special that they ought to be allowed to ignore or hate children without those nasty donut-punchers getting in the way.

Back