Discomfort at birth

John99

Banned
Banned
The other night it occurred to me that animals dont seem to have much discomfort at being born...if at all yet human babies always come out with some kind of discomfort? It seems to me that they do. But i am not sure about that.

I remember reading somewhere that it is due to human babies having large heads, plus walking upright necessitates an awkward birth canal. These factors combine to make human birth unpleasant all around. I don't know if that's correct!

I don't see why one would think it not unpleasant for animals as well? Most animals don't show pain like humans do.

My parrot once got an egg stuck and DAM did that hurt her! She plucked her swollen ass bold and tried to run away, we had to put her in an incubator and rub her ass with Vaseline, when she finally expelled that egg she was soooo happy, making happy noises and picking my nose.

You see most animals express their pain differently then humans do.

I remember reading somewhere that it is due to human babies having large heads, plus walking upright necessitates an awkward birth canal. These factors combine to make human birth unpleasant all around. I don't know if that's correct!

yes, it just seems to be more unpleasant but i am not sure about that. I guess all animals react differently. Horses struggle to walk or just stand up on their own.

I don't see why one would think it not unpleasant for animals as well? Most animals don't show pain like humans do.

My parrot once got an egg stuck and DAM did that hurt her! She plucked her swollen ass bold and tried to run away, we had to put her in an incubator and rub her ass with Vaseline, when she finally expelled that egg she was soooo happy, making happy noises and picking my nose.

You see most animals express their pain differently then humans do.

That is true. Dogs make crying noises and yelp when they are in pain. Dogs may come out at birth making crying noises but still the human seems to have a harder time. This can be just we are more aware of human expression and humans are more expressive overall. I was just thinking about the facial expression of just born humans and you wouldnt call it happy. I am not sure but dont they all cry when they emerge? Some come out screaming or maybe even all of them.

It's because our brains have evolved faster then a woman's hips can accomodate. Also, if a woman's hips were big enough to accomodate our large heads, she wouldn't be able to walk as well, so that would also be selected against. It seems evolution has adapated us to these conditions by making sure our skulls stay soft at childbirth, also by growing amazingly quickly after we are born. Most baby animals have to be prepared for predators right away, so they cannot afford our long childhoods.

Dogs make crying noises and yelp when they are in pain. Dogs may come out at birth making crying noises but still the human seems to have a harder time. This can be just we are more aware of human expression and humans are more expressive overall. I was just thinking about the facial expression of just born humans and you wouldn't call it happy.

Many animals do not have the instinct to cry, as they are not social animals and showing weakness will get them eaten. As for human infants at birth I have heard accounts of babies coming out with inquisitive looks rather then crying, perhaps its when you slap them on the ass a couple of times to get them breathing that the crying begins.

Last edited:
Well if I had parents that look like this I'd be very discomforted! I would rather stay inside.

rednecks.jpg

Back