diphenhydramine hcl

hosehead16

Registered Member
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

Last edited:
I too have been worried about this. As far as i can tell, the risks are null. I take 2 a night every night to help me sleep..it hardly helps anymore though but i doubt taking 3 a night would have a sedative effect.

maybe you could try melatonin instead to establish a normal sleeping pattern. long term use os drugs to help you sleep is not good on your body, and probably isn't good in the short term either except the benifit of sleep.

Yes but i would rather take an antihistamine/anticholinergic than a hormone any day. Hormones just have such different effects on different parts of the body..besides, the jury is still out on how well melatonin supplements help insomnia..

They are not really sure how melatonin works in humans anyways. Melatonin seems to have a whole array of effects such as sleep cycling, retarding ovulation, erection triggering and pigmentation. I would not recommend High-purity melatonin tell more studies of it are accomplished.

yes melatonin is strong stuff....take it in moderation also. I tried using in a high dose of 3 3mg tablets.... it worked at first but now its too strong for me.... occaisionally i'll take half of one now. The bast way to go about it is through a healthy lifestyle of nutrition and excercise coupled with a desire to excell mentally....

Yes, excercise and diet could help, but if one exercises and eats pretty well, and still has sleep problems..maybe that's it..they have sleep problems. it's not all about lifestyle i dont think. Although, i heat insomnia is usually a sign of an underlying mental or health problem. Such as bladder, digestion, restless legs, mental disorders...

cocaine can't help insomnia, either :eek:

i've been dealing with insomnia since i was 8 years old.... sometimes i will get a tired spell for 20 minutes and if i dont take advantage of it then and go to bed, i snap out of it and next thing you know i'm wired all night. I have a naturally high metabolism, i can lose weight by eating more.

Maybe you have a mutation to one of the genes that controls your circadian cycle (biological clock)?

Last edited:
Back