Did someone make some mistake?

daktaklakpak

God is irrelevant!
Registered Senior Member
"The earth is firmly fixed; it shall not be moved" (Psalm 104:5)
"the sun stood still" (Joshua 10:13)

Someone definitely made some mistake here. :D
If both lines are true, where are the day/night and seasons coming from?

Last edited:
The simple answer works

After all, God works in mysterious ways.

Crap, man, if I had anything better to offer on this one, I would. But my sense of sarcasm overflowed when I read the post.:D

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

I guess he wouldn't be god if he couldn't pull off something like that. ;)

Actually, night comes when God stands between the Earth and the sun to block off the light. The seasons are when God blows cold air onto an area of Earth and warm air onto another. Thus, there's nothing inconsistent about both the Earth and sun being stationary.

Even the most limited primatives grasped the concept that one of the two must be moving. They used a device known as an eye to observe this fact. Perhaps the early Christians lacked this organ. There are other signs.

Originally posted by Hoth
Actually, night comes when God stands between the Earth and the sun to block off the light. The seasons are when God blows cold air onto an area of Earth and warm air onto another. Thus, there's nothing inconsistent about both the Earth and sun being stationary.

I will buy it for the season one, but we do see the Sun is "moving". No way by blocking the sun will make it "moved". :D

Could this be from the bible?

Psalm (66:6)
For sun is the eye of God and it shall follow thee and thine deeds for all your life. But if thou art spoiled in thine life then the eye of God shall consume thee in the damned fires of hell.

1. In the context of Psalms the author is praising God* the Creator for fixing the earth upon it's foundation, not to be moved forever.

2. In Joshua the author is telling a story about when Joshua prayed:

"Stand still, O sun, at Gibeon, O moon, in the valley of Aijalon!

And the sun stood still... "

(So the sun stood still in answer to Joshua's prayer... indicating that the sun, which was seen to be moving, was commanded to stand still).

Both seem to allude to geocentricity, a position taken relative to the position of the observer, which still allows for day/night and seasons.

Hmm ...?

For sun is the eye of God and it shall follow thee and thine deeds for all your life
Sounds like pagan influence to me.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

You asked if this could be from the Bible:

***Psalm (66:6)
For sun is the eye of God and it shall follow thee and thine deeds for all your life. But if thou art spoiled in thine life then the eye of God shall consume thee in the damned fires of hell.***

It could be, but I'm pretty sure it's not Psalm 66:6...?

blonde_cupid

of course tht "psalm" is not from the bible. I made it up myself as a response to
I wanted to prove tht it was said in the bible tht the sun was moving and how to explain it in primitive terms.
sorta to say tht bible is not THAT stupid. (ok maybe a little bit, considering all these edits and rewrites)
Cheers!

tiassa
Sounds like pagan influence to me.
I didn't even notice that:eek: :)
Cheers!

Originally posted by blonde_cupid
1. In the context of Psalms the author is praising God* the Creator for fixing the earth upon it's foundation, not to be moved forever.
What foundation? Pretty much Earth is surrounded by void and hasn't been stopped since its existence.

2. In Joshua the author is telling a story about when Joshua prayed:

"Stand still, O sun, at Gibeon, O moon, in the valley of Aijalon!

And the sun stood still... "

(So the sun stood still in answer to Joshua's prayer... indicating that the sun, which was seen to be moving, was commanded to stand still).
Relative to Earth, the Sun hasn't been moved since the beginning. Why need to stand still?

Both seem to allude to geocentricity, a position taken relative to the position of the observer, which still allows for day/night and seasons.
So what you are saying is the stillness of Sun and Earth is only relative to the position of the observer, not an absulote truth told by the bible?

Here is the actual Psalms (66:6)

He turned the sea into dry land :they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice with him.

Back