Diarrhoea before heart attack?

visceral_instinct

Monkey see, monkey denigrate
Valued Senior Member
My mum says that quite a few people have died on the toilet due to diarrhoea at onset of heart attack. Why would a heart attack cause diarrhoea???

It's more likely that the diarrhea and heart attack are the result of some other physical stress on the body rather than diarrhea being caused by a heart attack.

My mum says that quite a few people have died on the toilet due to diarrhoea at onset of heart attack. Why would a heart attack cause diarrhoea???

It dosen't - not at all. Orleander's reponse to you is the correct answer.

And things like you were just told is exactly how stupid urban legends and other untruths get started.

actually orleander is right, if the heart is weakened forcing a bowl movement (even a normal one) is VERY dangerious. This is why pts with chest pain are NOT alowed to have a shit before they get to hospital, urination is ok because its a symple relaxation of mussles

Go figure you are finally right about something....it's fitting it has to do with SHITTING!

now you have finished gloating (MY GOD, this new keyboard is great:)) orleander its not as simple as you stated. Just straining to pass a bowl motion isnt enough in and of itself to give you a heart atack. The strain may TRIGGER a heart atack but you have to already have a weakend heart with a low oxygen surplie or it will naturally compensate

Back