Diabetes

WashingUp

Registered Member
What if increasing exposure to copper through exposure to "town water" supplies and copper piping was to blame for increasing amounts of diabetes (and kidney damage) in modern society?

Anybody ever tested this theory?

Zinc is required in diets to rid the system of copper .. how many countries are missing this in their soils as a trace element and therefore in their food chain?

How many people have two or more showers a day and increase their exposure?

It is possible that adequate copper could help prevent insulin dependant diabetes since it does so for ATZ poisoned mice [Sitasawad] and copper in drinking water has somewhat of a protective affect [Zhao].

Copper is essential for the production of insulin, so it's possible that the lack of other nutrients which work with copper are preventing copper from being used to produce insulin, and therefore an insulin deficiency (diabetes) results.
(from http://www.ithyroid.com/diabetes.htm)

Sitasawad S, Deshpande M, Katdare M, Tirth S, Parab P. 2001 Beneficial effect of supplementation with copper sulfate on STZ diabetic mice (IDDM). Diabetes Res Clin Pract May;52(2):77-84.

Zhao HX, Mold MD, Stenhouse EA, Bird SC, Wright DE, Demaine AG, Millward BA. 2001 Drinking water composition and childhood-onset Type 1 diabetes mellitus in Devon and Cornwall, England. Diabetic Med 18(9) p709-717.

What if increasing exposure to copper through exposure to "town water" supplies and copper piping was to blame for increasing amounts of diabetes (and kidney damage) in modern society?

Zinc is required in diets to rid the system of copper .. how many countries are missing this in their soils as a trace element and therefore in their food chain?

If you don't want diabetes, don't eat high fructose corn syrup and other processed junk foods.

In fact, become a vegetarian.

Originally Posted by WashingUp

Still people are diabetic, where copper piping or other copper containing substances are not in common use.

If you don't want diabetes, don't eat high fructose corn syrup and other processed junk foods.

In fact, become a vegetarian.

Are vegetarians not similarily diabetics as non-veg ones?

Still people are diabetic, where copper piping or other copper containing substances are not in common use.

Are vegetarians not similarily diabetics as non-veg ones?

It's very rare for vegetarians to become diabetic. If you eat organic veggies, your chances of becoming diabetic are extremely slim.

You raise your chances by consuming processed foods, powder based foods like breads, caffeines, sodas, and high fructose corn syrup. Meats don't exactly make a person more likely to be diabetic, but they put hormones and corn syrup in meats which do increase the risks.

So the best way is to just eat as cleanly as possible. The quality of your water will be beyond your control even if you had perfect pipes. I suppose you can buy a distiller if you are worried.

No, myself and many of my near and dear ones who are veg. but diabetic type2. Still, you can think about iron absorptions in veg. and non-veg type.

It's not a simple matter of being veg, it's also the type of veg. The point is that type 2 diabetes cannot happen by itself, it's triggered by diet moreso than genetics.

Type 1 diabetes is genetic, and there is nothing you can do to avoid it. Type 1 is the type where you need to take an insulin shot, type 2 is the type where you can diet, lose weight, and take vitamins and or pills. Most humans are type 2. Type 2 is a result of insulin resistance, which occurs when you consume stuff like high fructose corn syrup, caffeine, high amounts of carbs, or chemical triggers.

It's likely not something in your water, it can be plastic that your cup is made from that can cause it. It can be chemicals in the air nearby. You should look at all pollutants, pesticides, and chemical triggers to see what could be causing it, but it's likely caused by stuff in food. I'd start by analyzing the food products for chemical pollutants. I don't think Iron has anything to do with it. I think it would be a chemical causing it, not something thats been in the human diet for centuries like Iron.

It's not a simple matter of being veg, it's also the type of veg. The point is that type 2 diabetes cannot happen by itself, it's triggered by diet moreso than genetics.

Type 1 diabetes is genetic, and there is nothing you can do to avoid it. Type 1 is the type where you need to take an insulin shot, type 2 is the type where you can diet, lose weight, and take vitamins and or pills. Most humans are type 2. Type 2 is a result of insulin resistance, which occurs when you consume stuff like high fructose corn syrup, caffeine, high amounts of carbs, or chemical triggers.

It's likely not something in your water, it can be plastic that your cup is made from that can cause it. It can be chemicals in the air nearby. You should look at all pollutants, pesticides, and chemical triggers to see what could be causing it, but it's likely caused by stuff in food. I'd start by analyzing the food products for chemical pollutants. I don't think Iron has anything to do with it. I think it would be a chemical causing it, not something thats been in the human diet for centuries like Iron.

As such can we call diabetes type2 as instability not damage/degenaration and is reversible?

Can all such things as you thought, make us gastric hyperacidic resulting into more acid, better digestion of iron containing foods, may be increased overriding of intestinal mucus lining(think VitC in sour/citrus fruits) resulting more iron absorption? Antacids are indicated, can effect iron digestion and absorption.

Back