Status
Not open for further replies.

Proud_Muslim

Shield of Islam
Registered Senior Member
Britain's Elites Converting to Islam

The Story was reported by the BBC ARABIC SERVICE:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/arabic/press/newsid_3510000/3510653.stm

According to a report by IslamOnLine, an Islamic website, 14,000 of England’s ‘elite’ have already converted to Islam, with more on the way.

The report cites ‘the first authoritative study of the phenomenon’ carried out by the Sunday Times on February 22,reporting that “some of Britain’s top landowners, celebrities and the offspring of senior establishment figures” have converted to Islam in recent years.

The Times study was carried out by Yahya (formerly Jonathan) Birt, himself a Muslim convert, who is the son of Lord Birt, the former director-general of the BBC. He used a breakdown of the latest census figures to conclude that there is a major migration from Christianity to Islam taking place in England, with 14,200 converts to date.

Birt is quoted as arguing that an inspirational figure similar to the American Muslim convert Malcolm X, would first have to emerge before the next stage – a mass conversion among Britons – were to happen. “You need great transitional figures to translate something alien (like Islam) into the vernacular,” Birt was quoted by the Times as saying. Professor Birt received his doctorate at Oxford University on young British Muslims.

Emma Clark, the great-granddaughter of a British prime minister also converted to Islam.
http://www.lightuponlight.com/islam/images/topics/converts.jpg

Emma, whose ancestor Prime Minister Herbert Asquith, took Britain into the First World War, commented on her conversion saying, “We’re all the rage, I hope it’s not a passing fashion.”

According to the Times report, many converts have been inspired by the writings of Charles Le Gai Eaton, a former Foreign Office diplomat. “I have received letters from people who are put off by the wishy-washy standards of contemporary Christianity and they are looking for a religion which does not compromise too much with the modern world,” said Eaton, author of Islam and the Destiny of Man.

MORE SOURCES ABOUT THIS AMAZING DEVELOPMENT:

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/03/286384.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1096872/posts

http://www.lightuponlight.com/islam/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=14

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles4/AlJahzeerahIslam.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Emptyheaded upperclass twits are converting to Islam. What a victory for you!

Probably doing it to piss off their parents. In the 60's and 70's they would have joined some sort of underground revolutionary movement.

could not be that they read about Islam and they discovered that it makes sense ?? Please dont demonize these people, many of whom are very high educated people.

When last seen, Proud Muslim was condemning the 'Christian terrorists' behind the attacks in Spain. Now he is back to underwheling us with stories about "Britain's Elite". It's laughably stupid propaganda issued by someone apparently capable of very little else.

When FOOLS run out of any intellectual thing to say, they start personal bashing, thank you for confirming that.

The point you seem to be trying to make with this post, and the many other similar ones you have made in the past, is that since many people are converting to Islam, there must be something to it.

This is the logical fallacy known as Appeal to Popularity:
Description of Appeal to Popularity

The Appeal to Popularity has the following form:

1. Most people approve of X (have favorable emotions towards X).
2. Therefore X is true.

The basic idea is that a claim is accepted as being true simply because most people are favorably inclined towards the claim. More formally, the fact that most people have favorable emotions associated with the claim is substituted in place of actual evidence for the claim. A person falls prey to this fallacy if he accepts a claim as being true simply because most other people approve of the claim.

It is clearly fallacious to accept the approval of the majority as evidence for a claim. For example, suppose that a skilled speaker managed to get most people to absolutely love the claim that 1+1=3. It would still not be rational to accept this claim simply because most people approved of it. After all, mere approval is no substitute for a mathematical proof. At one time people approved of claims such as "the world is flat", "humans cannot survive at speeds greater than 25 miles per hour", "the sun revolves around the earth" but all these claims turned out to be false.

This sort of "reasoning" is quite common and can be quite an effective persusasive device. Since most humans tend to conform with the views of the majority, convincing a person that the majority approves of a claim is often an effective way to get him to accept it. Advertisers often use this tactic when they attempt to sell products by claiming that everyone uses and loves their products. In such cases they hope that people will accept the (purported) approval of others as a good reason to buy the product.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-popularity.html

Bertrand Russell dispatched this by stating, "if a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing".

If ninety percent of the worlds population were to convert to Islam, it wouldn't change my opinion in the slightest. It would confirm my view that most people aren't too bright, and that for some reason that probably involves sociobiology, humans are prone to believing in dogmatic nonsense.

I believe you view this as your side (in your narrow perspective) as "winning".

I see it as the more humans fall prey to fanatical dogmas, the farther we as a species are from achieving a sane and just world.

Education, which was at first made universal in order that all might be able to read and write, has been found capable of serving quite other purposes. By instilling nonsense it unifies populations and generates collective enthusiasm. If all governments taught the same nonsense, the harm would not be so great. Unfortunately each has its own brand, and the diversity serves to produce hostility between the devotees of different creeds. If there is ever to be peace in the world, governments will have to agree either to inculcate no dogmas, or all to inculcate the same. The former, I fear, is a Utopian ideal, but perhaps they could agree to teach collectively that all public men, everywhere, are completely virtuous and perfectly wise. Perhaps, when the war is over, the surviving politicians may find it prudent to combine on some such programme.

http://www.luminary.us/russell/intellectual_rubbish.html

Repo Man said:
The point you seem to be trying to make with this post, and the many other similar ones you have made in the past, is that since many people are converting to Islam, there must be something to it.

This is the logical fallacy known as Appeal to Popularity:

But who determine what is logical fallacy and what is not ??

Bertrand Russell dispatched this by stating, "if a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing".

Again, it might be foolish for you but might be very logical for others, just because some hopeless athiests dont believe in God and think it is foolish to believe, it does NOT become foolish if you believe.

If ninety percent of the worlds population were to convert to Islam, it wouldn't change my opinion in the slightest. It would confirm my view that most people aren't too bright, and that for some reason that probably involves sociobiology, humans are prone to believing in dogmatic nonsense.

Well if we use the propabilities science, out of this 90% there MUST be someone who is brighter than you, you see, you see how athiesm make you pathetic in your thinking !!!

God guide you and help you.

It does not matter to me if someone more intelligent than I am believes in god, anymore than it matters to me that there are intelligent people who believe that humans are regularly abducted by extraterrestrials. The burden of proof is on them. Intelligent people are not immune to being swayed by false evidence, or being led astray by what they desire to be true.

That intelligent people belive in something, and it is therefore true, is a version of the Appeal to Authority logical fallacy.

# Bill and Jane are arguing about the morality of abortion:

Bill: "I believe that abortion is morally acceptable. After all, a woman should have a right to her own body."
Jane: "I disagree completely. Dr. Johan Skarn says that abortion is always morally wrong, regardless of the situation. He has to be right, after all, he is a respected expert in his field."
Bill: "I've never heard of Dr. Skarn. Who is he?"
Jane: "He's the guy that won the Nobel Prize in physics for his work on cold fusion."
Bill: "I see. Does he have any expertise in morality or ethics?"
Jane: "I don't know. But he's a world famous expert, so I believe him."

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-authority.html

What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?
-- George Orwell: Winston Smith, in Nineteen Eighty-Four, pt. 3, ch. 3 (1949), speaking of O'Brien, quoted from The Columbia Dictionary of Quotations

Last edited:
WHAT BULLSHIT!

The article states

...offspring of senior Establishment figures have embraced Islam after being disillusioned with Western values.

It's easy to see the attraction in blowing yourself up and taking a couple hundred infidels with you and then being rewarded with seventy virgins...

The report says that these two people named below have converted. These people are certainly NOT the elite in Britain merely offsprings of people who were.

Emma Clark, the great-granddaughter of a British prime minister

Jonathan Birt, himself a Muslim convert, who is the son of Lord Birt, the former director-general of the BBC.

So come on Proud Monkey - Name the other 13,998

This thread is yet another advertisement, on a topic which has been previously canvassed many times in this forum. As such, it serves little useful purpose.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back