demonic possession

mario

Registered Senior Member
Do religious people still believe in demonic possession these days? Or can current mainstream science explain it with medical or psychological reasons. Even the catholic church is hestitant to readily accept it without extraordinary evidence, whatever that is.

Do religious people still believe in demonic possession these days?
Yes, I do and every native religion that I know of combines beliefs in spirits and demons.

Or can current mainstream science explain it with medical or psychological reasons.
I think there are many cases that are psychological.

Even the catholic church is hestitant to readily accept it without extraordinary evidence, whatever that is.
I don't think the Church requires extraordinary evidence to receive an exorcism. Although the Church requires the person go to psycholigist first, it's more a decision of whether the exorcism will help someone rather than a proof of a supernatural occurrence.

Last edited:
okinrus said:
Yes, I do and every native religion that I know of combines beliefs in spirits and demons.
Yeah dah, but that don't mean they possess people.

Also I'd like to ask if any of you people have actually READ any first-hand accounts of devil-possession and exorcism. Because I read a couple once at the Library of New South Wales and the demon's name was David and he engaged in polite conversation with the priest trying to be rid of him. He was also very up-to-date with the current news, information and gossip and made friendly jokes comparing the bishop's admirable qualities with his own happy family. Do you seriously believe that these devil-possessions actually happened in the first place?

Back