Democracy: thumbs up or down?

it demoralizes society, creates ego's alienated, materialistic goals overshadow the spiritual gratification from uniting with society

What's your problem with democracy?
That so far it is only an idea that we don't actually get to experience, at least on the country level.
I see gestures at it, but only that. Citizens do not yet have equal power in choosing who leads and do not have equal power influencing how those leaders lead. Not by a long shot.

But the idea itself is a good one...there it is, off at the horizon, ever receding.

it demoralizes society, creates ego's alienated, materialistic goals overshadow the spiritual gratification from uniting with society

So it's better to reduce people's free will, tell them what values to have...

I mean, if God wanted someone to do that, he was probably the one to do that.

So it's better to reduce people's free will, tell them what values to have...

I mean, if God wanted someone to do that, he was probably the one to do that.

no people choose to have their ego free will be reduced for much greater gratification of will of society. A place were there are no criminals, were everyone is a friend of everyone, were everyone can stay in another one's house because we are all friends. Yes it is better to tell people what values there are in life, because as a social matrix in communism it guides the ego to become one of its own.

The U.S. was origionally a Constitutional Republic...

It still is. It just gets mislabelled as a democracy.

no people choose to have their ego free will be reduced for much greater gratification of will of society. A place were there are no criminals, were everyone is a friend of everyone, were everyone can stay in another one's house because we are all friends. Yes it is better to tell people what values there are in life, because as a social matrix in communism it guides the ego to become one of its own.
It won't work, dragon. You can't force someone to be a friend of everyone. I myself don't want to be friends with everyone. There are too many people out there that annoy the shit out of me.
There are also too many people out there that don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. History should tell you both that, and the fact that you will never rid the world of these kinds of people, unfortunately.

Back