Dembski vs. God-of-the-Gaps?

goofyfish

Analog By Birth, Digital By Design
Valued Senior Member
Would somebody brainier than I take a look at this page and explain to me what the difference is between William Dembski's explanatory filter and the God-of-the-Gaps argument? (…basically that there is a gap in scientific knowledge, therefore, the things in this gap are best explained as acts of God.) Warning!! This is some very dry reading. To me he appears to be trying to prove the hand-of-god in the design of the universe by applying mathematical theory.

(Either that or he's got a really good chili recipe.)

Peace.

Well, I'm about a tenth of the way down that page so far, and it seems to me the author is saying Dembsky "is obviously a well educated man of many talents, who, in my view, was led astray by his desire to promptly develop a neat theory of design, which would support his preconceived views and beliefs." If this Dembski chap really believes in that Intelligent Design stuff (as in god made it all), and his only evidence is that there are some thing science hasn't figrued out yet, then he's really wasting a lot of peoples' time and effort.

I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thing, sorry. I've seen crap like Dembski all over the place. He's just another Eric Von Daniken, but god is his alien. This page is just a guy disputing Dembski's claims. Seen that enough too. Sorry for not reading it all.

Originally posted by Adam
Sorry for not reading it all.
No apology needed...
It fried me so badly going all the way through
that I've ordred a new brain from the Sharper Image.

Peace.

Back