Defining Intelligence

lightgigantic

Banned
Banned
More timeless wisdom ......

Intelligence - eight virtues

(Kamandak Nitisar, a dharma sastra)

1) Inclination to hear what others say (!)
2) Actually hearing what others say (!!)
3) The capacity to grasp the meaning of what others say
4) Retentiveness
5) Insight into the meaning of what others say
6) Reasoning in favor of a proposition
7) Reasoning against a proposition
8) Wisdom

questions? comments? corrections?

why are you posing this question, when it is quite obvious, that the theist uses none of the above.
sorry that's being a bit hard on the theist, they do use a pseudo version of the above.

Intelligence - The Two Virtues:

1. Have an intelligent father.
2. Have an intelligent mother.

Specifically as this concept of intelligence aligns with a Socratic dialectic, I will affirm that it is a proper way to conceive of the marks of an intelligent person.

Lg,

And here is a Wiki definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence

I assume you want to claim that intelligence is derived supernaturally. If so then please make a case for that otherwise I'll move this thread to a non-religious forum or close it.

Lg,

And here is a Wiki definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence

I assume you want to claim that intelligence is derived supernaturally. If so then please make a case for that otherwise I'll move this thread to a non-religious forum or close it.

Not really my intention with this thread - I was more into exhibiting how the foundation of intelligence rests on hearing/ the ability to listen with comprehension, and perhaps give a hope for how sciforums can re-establish itself as "intelligent discussion"

Not really my intention with this thread - I was more into exhibiting how the foundation of intelligence rests on hearing/ the ability to listen with comprehension, and perhaps give a hope for how sciforums can re-establish itself as "intelligent discussion"
Then nout really to do with religion - more with a general discussion on intelligence.

And in your foundation - it is reliant on the "speaker" to actually be comprehensible? Without that there is no ability to listen with comprehension.

Also - as any fervent D&Der will tell you - Intelligence and Wisdom are very different things - with no bearing on each other! :D

Then nout really to do with religion - more with a general discussion on intelligence.

And in your foundation - it is reliant on the "speaker" to actually be comprehensible? Without that there is no ability to listen with comprehension.

Also - as any fervent D&Der will tell you - Intelligence and Wisdom are very different things - with no bearing on each other! :D
Hopefully your last paragraph is not an indication of your comprehension skills

Back