Defending the Book of Mormon, whilst not believing in it for your salvation

W

WildBlueYonder

The Church of Joseph Smith, Jr of Latter-Day Aint’s

As I got off the bus today to buy my coffee at the nearby 7-11, I saw 2 mormons on bicycles pedal down the street, & I thought of 1 thing, yelling, “hey come back here, I got a question?”

Since I was going to buy coffee, a no-no to mormons, I wanted to know where they got this wholly wrong saying?

Because Jesus said:

Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

And to make the point clearer:
Mat 15:15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are [the things] which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
From: http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Mat/Mat015.html#10

Which implies to me, that foods no longer are unclean, because Jesus is LORD of the Sabbath:
Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw [it], they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is [one] greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what [this] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
From: http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Mat/Mat012.html#top

So, how can Joseph Smith, Jr. make something unclean, that Jesus has made “clean”?

Makes no sense. Absolutely no sense. The Mormons should get back to the real teaching of Jesus.....raising zombies from the dead...drinking blood and passing it around...virgin birth ... a holy ghost.... Much more logical. Mormons should get with the program and stop believing all that nonsense about coffee. :bugeye:

I find it curious that though mormons carry the BoM with them, use it to start conversations, with an eye toward conversions, that the only point that mormons use it in, is that by writing the BoM, Joseph Smith, Jr. proved his prophethood, therefore, every thing else that came from him, is true, since he has the mantle of prophethood, vis-à-vis, the BoM, yet the BoM does not condone:
Polygamy-JSJ & BY as rams with their herd of sheep
Many gods-Kobal
Triad god- (as opposed to triune) separate triumvirate of gods ruling this world; father god, mother goddess, jr. jesus
Men evolving- to gods
god sex- to populate their many worlds

where is any of that taught in the BoM?
Not in there, cause JSJ began as a christianized pagan, then evolved into a god, as he noticed that his sheep would believe almost anything he said, that’s were all those false teachings came from,

Btw, one day the LDS will jettison the BoM, since it don’t stand as NA history or as LDS religion in its core beliefs

Time is running out;
check out FARMS, FAIR, BYU, Sunstone
if you want to see convoluted logic, prayers & supplications as LDS scholars desperately try to make the BoM & the BoA seem real history, real religion, real reformed Egyptian,
the clock is ticking, tic-toc, tic-toc

When the well dressed young men come to your door to tell you about the book of mormon, ask " do you really believe that JSJ read gold tablets through a magic rock?"
In all earnestness they'll say "Yes, we do!"
Reality will not soon grip these people.

Back