Decoding God's Changing Moods

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
Decoding God's Changing Moods

a_wwright_0615.jpg

This is quite short (3 pages) but still a decent summary of the vacillations between a belligerent God and a tolerance one and how they match up with the history surrounding the people. Islam didn't get much attention, but, I don't think it really needed it as the concepts and memes were fully developed by the time Mohammad was infected by them.

It's interesting the way in which early Jewish attitude towards other Gods became intolerant under monotheism, as opposed to open and tolerant as monolatrists. Once infected with the monotheism meme they begin to vilify polytheism. Again, it's obvious that polytheism is religiously a much more tolerant belief system in regards to other people's belief systems. Monotheists are the fundamentalists of monolatrists.

Also and most importantly, is the way in which God's attitude changes depending on the situation the Jewish people were in. Almost, as if, God was simply a psychological expression of the Jews people's fears and hopes at various times in their history.

Funny that.

Anyway, it's a good read,
Michael

It's easier to "build" on a belief system based on "one" god. The later beliefs just have to piggy back on previous beliefs on the "one".

This is why it's very embarrassing for the big three to admit all the old stories are basically take from a collection of stories about Sumerian and Egyptian gods. And if you believe in many Gods, then you for sure aren't aligned in anyway with a monotheist.

The "He's different, let's get him!" bullshit ensues...

It's easier to "build" on a belief system based on "one" god. The later beliefs just have to piggy back on previous beliefs on the "one".

This is why it's very embarrassing for the big three to admit all the old stories are basically take from a collection of stories about Sumerian and Egyptian gods. And if you believe in many Gods, then you for sure aren't aligned in anyway with a monotheist.

The "He's different, let's get him!" bullshit ensues...
It is interesting just how long Jews worshiped a Goddess Asherah as well as another God Baal.

They are for the most part, simply decedents of freed slaves of Middle eastern empires.

or perhaps just a branch of the egyptian people who broke off under one of the male children within the house of the pharoah

ahkanaten (pharoah of egypt in 14th BC) combined the 'gods' into one (notice just after his reign, King Tut returned beliefs to the old, maybe Moses branched from there)

and Moses learned most of his whole life within the house of pharaoh (per bible he was raised in the house of pharoah)

kind of interesting how it all reads when observing the egyptian archeology along side some of the stories of the OT (supposedly written by moses (word 'moses' in egyptian means "son of" but since no one knew the 'daddy' he had no namesake) (Ramesis; son of rah; son of God to them)

i guess talking to god was normal to Moses in his time!

Last edited:
or perhaps just a branch of the egyptian people who broke off under one of the male children within the house of the pharoah

ahkanaten (pharoah of egypt in 14th BC) combined the 'gods' into one (notice just after his reign, King Tut returned beliefs to the old, maybe Moses branched from there)

and Moses learned most of his whole life within the house of pharaoh (per bible he was raised in the house of pharoah)

kind of interesting how it all reads when observing the egyptian archeology along side some of the stories of the OT (supposedly written by moses (word 'moses' in egyptian means "son of" but since no one knew the 'daddy' he had no namesake) (Ramesis; son of rah; son of God to them)

i guess talking to god was normal to Moses in his time!
M*W: Glad to see you know your Egyptology. One comment: Doesn't the word "moses," and its variations, mean "one who is taken from the water?"

What makes the 18th Dynasty so interesting, and I would guess the other dynasties as well, is that the pharaohs had more than one name. For example, the familiar Moses was named Abimadab(sp) as his birth name. Later he was known as Amenhotep IV, then Akhenaten during his sun worshipping days. Same goes for David and Solomon (if they existed), those are just their common biblical names. They were all pharaohs of the 18th Dynasty and were known by their pharonic names as I recall Tuthmosis IV and Amenhotep III. I've attached a widipedia timeline for convenience.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteenth_dynasty_of_Egypt

M*W: Glad to see you know your Egyptology. One comment: Doesn't the word "moses," and its variations, mean "one who is taken from the water?"
from Hebrew (torah) which was supposedly, written by Moses himself, who was raised as an egyptian

have you seen that rendition in egyptian (drawn from water)?

What makes the 18th Dynasty so interesting, and I would guess the other dynasties as well, is that the pharaohs had more than one name. For example, the familiar Moses was named Abimadab(sp) as his birth name. Later he was known as Amenhotep IV, then Akhenaten during his sun worshipping days. Same goes for David and Solomon (if they existed), those are just their common biblical names. They were all pharaohs of the 18th Dynasty and were known by their pharonic names as I recall Tuthmosis IV and Amenhotep III. I've attached a widipedia timeline for convenience.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteenth_dynasty_of_Egypt

i have wondered if most of OT is mirroring Egyptian archeology and is that very root of the material

i leave out the story line so much as read what is said; hence moses was raised from birth as an egyptian, why not torah being of egyptian language?

or for another example; if 'the mount' is the big deal in jeruselem, then is the word megeddo share that conflict is what armegeddon is all about?

from Hebrew (torah) which was supposedly, written by Moses himself, who was raised as an egyptian
M*W: For a number of years now, biblical scholars and archeologists question this also. It is highly doubtful that Moses wrote anything such as the Torah, since the latter part of the Torah is written after Moses's recorded death.
have you seen that rendition in egyptian (drawn from water)?
M*W: In, Jesus: Last of the Pharaohs, by Ralph Ellis (1999), he states: "Judaism, Christianity and even the early Essene cult of Israel all have an initiation process that involves immersion in water. In Egypt, the body of the great God Osiris was floated down the Nile in a casket prior to his resurrection and this is possibly based on a similar Sumerian tradition of great leaders being "taken from the water." Moses, too, was apparently named because he was a prince that had been cast upon the Nile in a basket and "taken from the water." Whatever the origins of this tradition, it is clear, that water was central to the Israelite faith; it could even be considered to be their shibboleth or marker This is very important when looking at the name of the pharaoh Yacobaam (Jacob, in the Torah). Moses, too, was apparently named because he was a prince that had been cast upon the Nile in a basket and "taken from the water."

In his last book, Moses and Monotheism (1939), Sigmund Freud argued that Moses was an Egyptian, a follower of Akhenaten, who later led the Jews out of Egypt. Freud was first persuaded to take this view by the fact that Moses was itself an Egyptian name: 'What first attracts our interest in the person of Moses is his name, which is written Moshe in Hebrew. One may well ask: "Where does it come from? What does it mean?"

In Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus, by Ahmed Osman (2002), the answer to Freud's question is found in Exodus, 2:10 when we are told how the mother-nurse returns the child to his royal mother who adopted him and called him Moses because, she said, "I drew him out of the water." For a Hebrew name, Moshe is a rare, even unique, formation. In fact, the Hebrew word m sh a does not mean what the biblical editor would like us to believe. As a verb it can mean either 'to draw' or 'one who draws out'. In order to agree with the explanations given by the biblical editor, the ename should have been Moshui, 'one who has been drawn out'.
i
have wondered if most of OT is mirroring Egyptian archeology and is that very root of the material
M*W: Yes, I believe it does. One reason may be that ancient Egyptian shepherds were called the "Habiru." Other variations of this name are "Abiru" and "Ibiru." This tribe of nomadic shepherds lived in lower Egypt (lower, in this case, means traditionally north toward the Mediterranean Sea). The word "Habiru" is easily translated to mean "Hebrew." The region the Habiru traveled in was not really that far from Canaan. Granted, the Habiru wandered in the desert, but they were mostly surrounded by the Mediterranean Delta. This wandering is not to be confused with the myth of the Exodus which has been scientifically disproven to have occurred. Nomads are nomads. They wander. There is nothing significant about this. They traveled by the cool of the night and rested in the heat of the day. The language from the location from which they wandered probably was close enough to the language of the Canaanites that it could have been considered to be a variation of ancient Hebrew. Ergo, the Torah being written in Hebrew instead of Egyptian. A professional linguist could probably compare the words of the Habiru and Canaanites and find similiar meanings.
i leave out the story line so much as read what is said; hence moses was raised from birth as an egyptian, why not torah being of egyptian language?
M*W: See my answer above.
for for another example; if 'the mount' is the big deal in jeruselem, then is the word megeddo share that conflict is what armegeddon is all about?
M*W: That, I don't know the answer to. Megiddo is a desert plain. Armageddon is supposed to be the mother of all wars that allegedly takes place on the Megiddo plain. I think there is something missing in this translation, and it doesn't mean what it was thought to mean.

M*W: For a number of years now, biblical scholars and archeologists question this also. It is highly doubtful that Moses wrote anything such as the Torah, since the latter part of the Torah is written after Moses's recorded death.
exactly and why a man who is raised as an egyptian, in pharoahs house, could and would be highly educated but i would bet any writings HE wrote would be in Egyptian rather than hebrew.

(so to call literature 'from moses' and be in hebrew; then there is much to debate on the validity of the claim(s) within the literature)

so the 'water' idea of his name (moses) is practically moot across the board

M*W: That, I don't know the answer to. Megiddo is a desert plain.
the bible offers the words/name and can be the evidenced in observing many frames of reality

such as to observe how metaphors work as well the words etymology, realizing the time period of much of the old writings (limited language and geography renditions) then archeology is not to meat theological interpretations but to return to etymology coupled with accounts
Armageddon is supposed to be the mother of all wars that allegedly takes place on the Megiddo plain.
or perhaps the mother of all wars over the mount (look up the word babilu; means the gate)

see

Hebrews 13:12
Wherefore, also Jesus -- that he might sanctify through [his] own blood the people -- without the gate did suffer;

could jeruselem be 'the gate" as the mount is the binding 'hill' of the 'three ladies?

see

Revelation 16:19
And it came -- the great city -- into three parts, and the cities of the nations did fall, and Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give to her the cup of the wine of the wrath of His anger

could jeruselem be babilu (babylon) itself?

Rev 16:13

and I saw [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs --

14for they are spirits of demons, doing signs -- which go forth unto the kings of the earth, and of the whole world, to bring them together to the battle of that great day of God the Almighty; --

perhaps, the three religions bound to megiddo (frogs)

I think there is something missing in this translation, and it doesn't mean what it was thought to mean.

that is why i like to look at the 'metaphors' within scriptures

look at the world today, could we be in 'them times' and a fart could kick off wwIII with flesh burning "flashes in the sky?"

and if there was a single item in existence that could combine mankind; would it be knowledge?

so if the per se judgement did occur (by the people based on 'understanding'); could 'the truth' be what enables mankind to over come the nasties of old

could Peace exist if the absolute was known?

Any body who could get lost in that desert for 40 years it too stupid for me to follow.

Back