Death row inmate on life support

What to do if a death row inmate is on life support on her execution date?

• Just pull the plug

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Stay the execution until she either recovers or dies naturally

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Execute her while she’s on life support

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Don’t execute her or anyone else (no need to argue against the death penalty)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Commute her sentence to life imprisonment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other; please explain

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
And what if she is proved innocent while she's recovering? You want to make sure first, there have been times in the past.... and no-one can deny that the American Law System is totally screwed up.

I think you’d want to be sure of guilt beyond reasonable doubt regardless of her health. You can never be 100% sure even with a confession.

The logical answer to me is to suspend the countdown until/if she recovers, so that she has the same chance to aid in her defense for any appeals, or to make final arrangements. I’m against a death penalty, but if it will be done it should be fair (just as bad) for all the condemned.

Last edited:
For laws to be effective they have to be fair. Otherwise they will not serve their purpose which is to stop vendettas and mob justice. I do not believe in most extenuating circumstances abuse as a child, retardation, insanity, or most other excuses. These excuses will not help the victims of these crimes. I also do not believe in the death penalty because I feel that a condemned soul should get every opportunity to make peace and repent. The cost to society is negligible compared to the amount of harm that can come to one falsely convicted criminal who is innocent.

rainbow princess, who mention america???

assuming that you believe the death penalty is fair

if the person hasnt had time in the prison to defend themselves, you should wait till they wake up or die, but if they got sentanced, appealed and failed, then got hurt and needed life support, its only fair to kill them, otherwise it wud be unfair to every1 who isnt on life support

But then, in the US anyway, she wouldn't have had the same chance to have a last meal, have religious counsel, make a final statement etc. Those things take place only just before the execution.

Back