Death and Elections: Journalistic Responsibility

What was the evil liberal mediazzo think he was doing?

• His "God complex" makes him think its okay to sabotage elections.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (???)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Death and Elections in Florida

The problem, of course, is the damn liberal media, like Adam C. Smith, the political editor for the Tampa Bay Times:

There is no graver responsibility and act of state government than an execution.

Oh, bullpucky. Y'know? Right? I mean, what a melodramatic fallacy. He's just setting up the governor and state attorney general to fail with a standard like that. For instance, look at what that evil mediazzo does with that fallacy:

There is no graver responsibility and act of state government than an execution.

In Florida this week, a campaign fundraiser takes precedence.

Attorney General Pam Bondi persuaded Gov. Rick Scott to postpone an execution scheduled for tonight because it conflicted with her re-election kick-off reception.

What's going on down there? It's ridiculous," said Phyllis Novick, the Ohio mother of one of Marshall Lee Gore's victims, when told Monday about the reason for the delay.

Gore, 50, raped, strangled and stabbed 30-year-old Robyn Novick in 1988 before dumping her body into a Miami-Dade County trash heap. Gore was also sentenced to die for the slaying of 19-year-old Susan Roark, whose body was found a few months later in Columbia County.

In the end, the damn liberal media cornered another decent human being and made her apologize for nothing:

On Monday, Bondi responded to questions with a statement saying she had made a mistake.

"As a prosecutor, there was nothing more important than seeing justice done, especially when it came to the unconscionable act of murder. I personally put two people on death row and, as Attorney General, have already participated in eight executions since I took office, a role I take very seriously," Bondi said.

For his part, Governor Rick Scott is happy to let Bondi take the heat on this one; earlier this week he explained that he did not know why the attorney general had asked for the postponement: "When another Cabinet officer asks for something, we try to work with them."

And, you know, why shouldn't he, right? Especially when "we try to work with them" means, "We try to give them what they want without giving a damn why they want it."

One last bit of toxic hatred from Smith: "Bondi is fighting legal challenges to the 2013 'Timely Justice Act' aimed at speeding up executions in Florida."

That horrible, horrible liberal media. Right? Y'know? I mean, how dare they stick their nose into this. Pam Bondi is a good woman who works very, very hard, and it's just inappropriate for a newspaper editor to go out of his way to try to influence an election by reporting on this sort of non-story. If Marshall Lee Gore didn't want his execution stayed so the AG could raise campaign cash at a party, he shouldn't have raped and killed that Susan Roark.

Right?

Notes:

Smith, Adam C. "Execution rescheduled to accommodate Pam Bondi fundraiser". Tampa Bay Times. September 9, 2013. TampaBay.com. September 11, 2013. http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...d-to-accommodate-pam-bondi-fundraiser/2140891

"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
- "License of the Press" speech by Mark Twain

Back