de ja vu

curioucity

Unbelievable and odd
Registered Senior Member
Hello

Is there any 'scientific' explanation on de ja vu? Cuz it's funny how our brains can sometimes predict an exact event in the future without us experiencing anything related to it....

deja vu

I dont believe deja vu is actually predicting events that will happen in the future, its where you see something new, and feel like you've already experienced it, hence deja vu - already seen.

I think there is an explination for it, which is the brain accidently sends what your seeing straight to a far off memory area before you can think what it is, so you feel like you have already experienced it.

Hope I explained it ok, it made sence in my brain :)

gerg

Somewhat a case of troubled nerve traffic?
Oh, by the way...... has anyone discovered the part of the brain that deals with memory (any kind of..... I'm rather confused with that 'far-off' memory term, to be honest)?

by "far off" memory I meant rather than immediate memory, where you can recall the events whenever you want, it is a more distant memory which requires more stimulant to access it.

I'm not sure where in the brain the memorys are stored.

gerg

well thanks....
Well, if what you said is applied to me, I may get even more confused on how I can feel deja vu..... I never felt like something triggered my brain to tell me that I 'have experienced this'...... or does deja vu (possibly) have something to do with subconsciousness?

I believe it may be subconsious.

thats why you dont know exactly the reason for it starting

if you disturb your temples, you get a deja vu effect. Based on this it could be a malfunction in your brain ..some electric charge thing... So its kinda a memory from a very near experience,that you just experienced...read about it from one finnish science magazine. No better scientific explanations are available they say.

Ah! I can reply to this!

What happens is an electrical impulse in your brain occurs...an abnormally large one...or something like that. But in essence, it causes your brain to speed up for a short amount of time. So fast that the instant something happens it is stored in your memory. Deja Vu borders on precognition, because the exact instant it happens it's already in your memory, causing you to think that it's happened before...

No, it's not a Glitch in the Matrix. :rolleyes:

Does that mean this?
The brain suddenly works faster than before.
At that time, anything that happens is directly recorded in the brain, and an instant later, the brain says that this happening has been stored in the memory, so it says that we have experienced this thing before.
Is that?

Pretty much. Your brain kind of 'spasms' and works uber-fast for a few seconds...

I'm not quite sure exactly what causes this 'spasm,' though. Anyone care to elaborate?

My Theory

Alright I know this might sound weird ..but long time back I had read a theory on Deja Vu ....

There are some sub atomic particles which have negative time and they are travelling backwards in time ... so when they make contact with your memory cells they suddenly give you the impression of going back in time and re-living the instance..

Now this theory was proposed by some author trying to unlock the secrets of Stone henge...Thats all I remember I will try to search for a link but I read this before the Internet changed our lives...so you can say I actually paid to read the theory...

Anyways I thought this was an appropriate place to share that theory..

:cool:

Theoritical Physics for deja vu?! Wow, great! Well, I'll take that too..... besides there's not yet any 'exact' reason on why deja vu happens..... Thanks a lot for the info.
I think I'll suggest that you make one more thread about that in Physics&Math cathegory too.... the many intelligents there may make the discussion active......

And by the way (just some crap here, but read it if you want), awhile ago I experienced deja vu while browsing sciforums.... haha, very entertaining....

Back