Days of silence

draqon

Banned
Banned
I imagine that one time an age will come to realize the need to alianate oneself from all distractions here on. The senses' pulses in our eyes, our ears, our nose, our touch, and taste ... a day should be given to halt oneself from all of it. For porpuse of self understanding, meditation, and relief of tension of the nerves, as well as making dreams more acute.

I plan to use ear plugs

earplugs.jpg

eye mask

if707_dt.jpg

and try not to smell anything :p

----

Create a room within a room using dark blankets

and

meditate for a day

I imagine that one time an age will come to realize the need to alianate oneself from all distractions here on. The senses' pulses in our eyes, our ears, our nose, our touch, and taste ... a day should be given to halt oneself from all of it. For porpuse of self understanding, meditation, and relief of tension of the nerves, as well as making dreams more acute.

Ever see the movie Altered States? In it there's a tank filled with water that he encloses himself inside for hours to get away from all senses and noises.

To listen to the sound of ones own breathing and know that it is a miracle in itself that you exist eh ?:m:

I don't know why , but I never got frequent dreams before I turned 16...

Ever see the movie Altered States? In it there's a tank filled with water that he encloses himself inside for hours to get away from all senses and noises.

There used to be/ may still be a place in London where you can spend time in a flotation tank. Something is added to the water ( salt ? ) so that your body is fully supported. You are immersed in complete darkness- not for the claustrophobic.

As you suggest, it's a form of sensory deprivation which, in my opinion, could give rise to hallucinations. I don't know what the attraction is; probably people see it as a short cut to what might take years of meditation.

There used to be/ may still be a place in London where you can spend time in a flotation tank. Something is added to the water ( salt ? ) so that your body is fully supported. You are immersed in complete darkness- not for the claustrophobic.

As you suggest, it's a form of sensory deprivation which, in my opinion, could give rise to hallucinations. I don't know what the attraction is; probably people see it as a short cut to what might take years of meditation.

Shite. Not for me then. I'll just think of open spaces.

Back