David Mabus arrested!

spidergoat

pubic diorama
Valued Senior Member
Good news everyone, Dennis Markuze, AKA David Mabus, who has targeted this forum with his violent rants against atheism, has finally been brought to justice after a public campaign of awareness and an on-line petition.

Police arrest man after years of online threats

Crank who targeted science writers lured into threatening police

I'm all for freedom of speech, but death threats and constant spamming are another story. Mabus was evidently a reference to Nostradamus:

Mabus then will soon die, there will come
A horrible undoing of people and animals:
At once vengeance one will see vengeance,
One hundred hands, thirst, famine, when the comet will run.

Haha

squirrel-lightsaber_thumb12.png

Great!

This will save us having to delete one Mabus sock puppet account (and its ranty post or two) per week or so.

Mabus finally gets his fifteen minutes

Source: The World
Link: http://www.theworld.org/2011/08/notorious-spammer-brought-down-via-twitter/
Title: "Notorious Spammer Brought Down Via Twitter"
Date: August 19, 2011

That's right, The World, a news program from Public Radio International, BBC, and WGBH, covered the downfall and arrest of Dave Mabus.

Segment includes Lisa Mullins discussing the issue with William Raillant-Clark, one of the infamous troll's targets.

Sort of makes you feel honored to be one of his targets.

Sort of makes you feel honored to be one of his targets.

I'd imagine he'd target any atheist, even the most ignorant ones, given the chance. He seems to have enough hate to go around.

It's not even hate, really. He's quite thoroughly insane.

(Admittedly, I can't recall personally receiving one of his targeted death threats, and I can't imagine that anybody would be too happy to have even a madman threaten to hurt them.)

I'm glad it made mention multiple times about how the Montreal police don't do f*** all about this kind of stuff until you practically throw it in their face like puke. I have plenty of friends who can tell all kinds of stories about the Montreal police not doing f*** all in plenty of situations with far more severe consequences. Bad management, some bad attitudes, and horrible understaffing and budget shortfalls because of the provincial and municipal governments' god-awful corruption and incompetence.

Well he got what he wanted, "Attention". Now he's had his Warhol 15 minutes. Back to the real world.

I have no idea who this person is.

No, no: don't help me find out.

Back