Proposal: Dark space exists within the light and dark is a category to subsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal - I challenge science to a debate about dark being more than just the absence of light and dark having several sub sections and passive dark space is always behind/under/merged with the light.

Suggested Rules

1. No posts off topic.
2. I will make an opening statement and by a discourse of/to the statement you can reply.
3. The debate will consist of 3 members and myself.
4. When 3 members agree to the criteria of the rules, the thread will begin in this thread.
5. The debate of the proposal will end with conclusions by all in the thread when we are satisfied there is nothing else left to be said by all persons involved.

I await 3 confirmations of any members or moderators who wish to participate.

Last edited:
Maybe other members will want to beat me for this post...

You admited you haven't said anything. But all you want to be is confrontational.

Proposal - I challenge science to a debate about dark being more than just the absence of light and dark having several sub sections and passive dark space is always behind/under/merged with the light.
You lack the vocabulary to render your post into a standalone topic. No one knows what you mean by "dark" if you mean "more than just the absence of light" -- dark is an adjective, not a noun, so would not be something that one could partition into "several sub sections" and your claim "passive dark space is always" left behind after one removes the light argues against your first claim. Therefore I reject the original proposal as a sensible proposition to be debated -- it is unnecessarily vague and self-contradictory.

Moreover, as you are the one introducing the novel concept that "dark" could mean "more than just the absence of light", it behooves you to make a positive argument rather than just denial of the dictionary definition.
4. When 3 members agree to the criteria of the rules, the thread will begin in this thread.
Proposed Rule 4 is in violation of the forum rules.
http://www.sciforums.com/threads/how-the-formal-debates-forum-works.74142/
The debate thread must be a separate thread governed by the rules agreed on here.
5. The debate of the proposal will end with conclusions by all in the thread when we are satisfied there is nothing else left to be said by all persons involved.
Proposed Rule 5 is in violation of the forum rules. If the discussion is open-ended without time limits or restrictions on number of posts, it is not a formal debate.
No one is likely to agree to join you in a discussion that only ends with exhaustion because you have demonstrated yourself as insensitive to persuasion by empirical evidence and logic.
Compare the standard rules for team debate: http://www.sciforums.com/posts/1703430

Proposal - I challenge science to a debate about dark being more than just the absence of light
That's not a debate about science. That's a debate about the definition of a word, and thus is inappropriate as a formal science debate. Might as well say "I challenge science to a debate about whether 'helium' really means 'frisbee.' "

As a suggestion, it sounds like you want a debate where everyone only says good things about your woo. Why not post on Facebook, where you can get a (Like) on almost any topic, no matter how silly?

If you make an actual statement..

What can I say The moderators have closed your threads more than once. And now I for
liking up for you makes me look like an absolute total retard... You have made very few friends.
I tried but now am disenchanted.

That's not a debate about science. That's a debate about the definition of a word, and thus is inappropriate as a formal science debate. Might as well say "I challenge science to a debate about whether 'helium' really means 'frisbee.' "
Excellent idea. Are you for or against? I'm happy to take either position.

Wait a minute. Where I'm from a frisbee is for Ultimate, or for a beach-toss.

Golf Discs are another thing entirely, and sometimes they do resemble Helium. The Martian city, not the noble gas, as opposed to the ignoble gas propounded upon here...
focus.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back