Cure for cancer found

Norsefire

Salam Shalom Salom
Registered Senior Member
Don't get up and about just yet; it's a cure for cancer in mice, although it is certainly quite a discovery and gives hope that we may be able to figure out a cure for humans.

I'm not sure how old this news is although I had absolutely no idea about it and I don't recall it ever making serious headlines; probably because it was done on mice

http://www.wesh.com/health/9178673/detail.html

It's interesting

Hercules, unfortunately I need to be led to the water, and I don't know the 'simple reason'. Is it because it was 'fraudulent', or because it can never apply to people [for unknown reasons], or what? It seemed interesting to me.

Well, because the study didn't really find much. It's only a starting point. They took white blood cells from a mouse that they were unable to "give" cancer and put them in a mouse with cancer and watched the tumour shrink. They don't know how or why it worked. The article talks about manipulating genes, but they don't know which gene(s) we're dealing with. The analog may not exist in humans, or may not have the same effect.

They have a lot of work to do before this even begins to look like a treatment for humans, if it ever gets to that stage.

Back