Cults!? Sects!? Branches!?

Zero

Banned
Banned
Some atheists may claim there is no god and therefore we can totally ignore the religious population, which is like, what, 40 or 50 times their pop? I think such blatant ignorance is foolish and an act coming from crack addiction. It is necessary to try to understand the culture, history and psychology that is behind all of this.

So, I ask out of curiosity. I've noticed all the interesting and cool cults and sects of Hinduism and Islam, which seem to be so many. What are some of the cults you know and their basic philosophies? Just to get a scholarly and intelligent discussion going. Hopefully something will come out of it.

Any Eastern or Western cult is fine, I'm interested mostly in the ones except for orthodox Hindu, orthodox Islam, Protestant, Catholic, orthodox Buddhism, etc. Not the major ones. The offshoots and sects. They're so interesting to read about and I'm hungry.

Back