Crystal skulls

sifreak21

Valued Senior Member
how were they made? they say that the it was carved agianst the "grain" of the crystal which is impossible as the crystal would shatter, and that there was no tooling marks but around eye sockets and jaw.. if there was no tool marks how do they know it was carved agianst the grain?

im not talking about the fake ones im talkinga bout the mitchell hedges skull

It's a hoax. They were made with modern tools in mid 19th century. And that includes the Mitchell Hedges skull.

It's a hoax. They were made with modern tools in mid 19th century. And that includes the Mitchell Hedges skull.

if so then why would someone go thru the effort of going and placing one in a old falling down, rock temple?

if so then why would someone go thru the effort of going and placing one in a old falling down, rock temple?

Why do some people do things like that..? I don't know, but it's a fact that they do.
Fame, attention, etc?

Why do some people do things like that..? I don't know, but it's a fact that they do.
Fame, attention, etc?

i just find that a bit hard to believe

fame no.. attention no if it was either of thoes 2 then the would put there mark on it or say i did it and show how.
I do get what your saying just dont think that someone would venture WAY into the jungle and drop a masterpiece like that into an old ruin just for a prank

i just find that a bit hard to believe

fame no.. attention no if it was either of thoes 2 then the would put there mark on it or say i did it and show how.
I do get what your saying just dont think that someone would venture WAY into the jungle and drop a masterpiece like that into an old ruin just for a prank

Believe what you want.
Are you of the alien origin club?

[Edit]
For good measure, here's a picture of the skull in question:

the-mitchell-hedges-crystal.jpg

Or, more correctly, why would someone claim that's where they found them?
Anna Hedges claimed that she found the skull buried under a collapsed altar inside a temple in Lubaantun, in British Honduras, now Belize.

As far as can be ascertained, F.A. Mitchell-Hedges himself made no mention of the alleged discovery in any of his writings on Lubaantun. Also, others present at the time of the excavation have not been documented as noting either the skull's discovery or Anna's presence at the dig.[2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

Back