Complete Evacuation

I remember having an Atomic Bomb drill back in the 1950's. We had to hide under the school desk in order to save ourselves when the bomb was detonated, at least that is what we were told. :eek:

I remember having an Atomic Bomb drill back in the 1950's. We had to hide under the school desk in order to save ourselves when the bomb was detonated, at least that is what we were told. :eek:

We had to do that once when I was like 9 or 10.

I asked if we would be protected from a 5,000,000 degree heat wave under the tables.

I think the one I linked was very funny whenn you watch it today. Some of the things they told us to do wouldn't help anyone save themselves if an actual atomic bomb went off, it is just stupid to watch that thing to learn anything from it whatsoever.

lol...the good old school tables must have been made of thick lead...:rolleyes:

yes I had to do complete evacuation...basically for a fire drill in high school...than a gas attack drill in university...than the power went off in the building in university so everyone had to evacuuate (the sirens went off for generator power)

back in Russia...there are about 30 complete procedures on evacuation techniques based on possible gas attacks and nuclear attacks...water floods, fires going off...and they are outlined on huge post-papers everywhere in government buildings. Its from the age when Russians were afraid of US bombing them.

Has anyone ever had a complete evacuation?
Once I was punched in the belly and had as near a complete evacuation of air from my lungs as is possible if one is not a cetacean.
Coffee, of course, drunk without food causes in me another kind of complete evacuation. Wheat grass juice has the same effect.
Given that this is in the biology section I could think of only one other complete evacuation but that one is gynecological and I have not experienced it.

So Simon...have your lungs, healed? what happened? why did that someone punch you?
My previous post is itself a good clue....for being a smart ass. No. Actually it was a fake fight for an amateur film. Very unpleasant sensation since it felt like I could not open the lungs to bring new air in to replace the air evacuated.

And much as I was being a smart ass I am still not quite sure if biology is the right forum. Yes, smart ass, but I then looked up 'complete evacuation' in biological contexts and came up with 3. I am sure there are more.

We had an evacutation in school when one of the stand in chem teachers decided that the vent hole in the bottom of the fume cupboard was the best place to pour some semi-dangerous chemicals down. That was a fun summer afternoon. :D

Back