Comparative Religion -- Rev1

Woody

Musical Creationist
Registered Senior Member
Hello everyone,

After reviewing the comments from everyone I have revised the chart for comparing the world's major religions.

It is getting cumbersome. I may split it into two separate tables with the same question categories.

Might I suggest Judaism, Islam, Christianity in one table and the eastern religions in the other table? I am able to manage it with 7 religions, but I can not go any larger than 22" x 22 on microsoft doucuments.

Plese feel free to copy the attached files, edit in microsoft word, and repost your inputs. To re-attach Go to advanced functions, additional options, attach files. You will not see your revision attached to your note until the note is posted. It will appear at the bottom of you post as you see my file located at the bottom of this post. :D

Last edited:
It's erroneous (unless my Catholic upbringing was seriously flawed)...
1. Catholics do not believe Jesus is a "lesser" God. They believe he IS God - part of the Trinity of "Father, Son and Holy Spirit/Ghost".
2. While Catholics do indeed pray to Mary, the "mother of God" (again emphasising their belief that Jesus is GOD) - they also pray directly to God: part of their mass includes direct pleas to Lord - often with the response from the congregation of "Lord, hear us"

The table is too simplistic, and your responses are too general and misinformed.
Why don't you actually do some research on the internet?

Sarkus,

Thank you kindly for your response.

I would like to work with you on the catholic part of the table. It was my understanding that catholics considered Jesus "a" son of God, rather than "the" son of God.

Arianism is the concept of Jesus being a lesser god vis-a-vis the Father and Holy Ghost. That is to say Jesus is a created being. Please help me straighten out the table. You may consult with a catholic priest, and I encourage you to do so. I want you and your group to speak for your religion. Let's please try to work through this.

I don't want you to feel shortchanged.

thank you.

Last edited:
It will take less time to search the google about religions and the practices than working up on a chart that others have to update and reload again.

Woody, FYI - I was raised as Catholic and am now a happy atheist, so they are not my religion.

But I do know that Catholics consider Jesus as the son of God. He is part of the Trinity in equal measure - they are all different manifestations of the same God.

But rather than rely on people to seek knowledge from their priests, please do your own research on the internet. Everything is already there, rather than rely on one person's view which is likely to be slightly deviant from the absolute ideals of that person's religion.

Sarkus: Woody, FYI - I was raised as Catholic and am now a happy atheist, so they are not my religion.

But I do know that Catholics consider Jesus as the son of God. He is part of the Trinity in equal measure - they are all different manifestations of the same God.

But rather than rely on people to seek knowledge from their priests, please do your own research on the internet. Everything is already there, rather than rely on one person's view which is likely to be slightly deviant from the absolute ideals of that person's religion.
M*W: Sarkus, I couldn't agree more! In fact, I feel sure that these religious comparisons have already been done and are posted on the Internet. Woody creating his own chart of comparisons is simply Machiavellian.

ME, Sarkas, et al

Is jesus a created being in the catholic view?

everneo said,

It will take less time to search the google about religions and the practices than working up on a chart that others have to update and reload again.

I wish it was that easy. I have tried a lot. All the information is biased according to who is presenting it and it is subliminal --Nothing I have seen is easy to compare --Sloppy, disappointing work by all the authors trtying to put their best foot forward while stepping on everyone else's. Even the christians are guilty. Where do I need to look?

Back