Comments on some essays please

Adam

§Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥
Registered Senior Member
Several months ago I wrote a bunch of essays about politics and such, and stuck them on a website. I haven't edited any of them for quite a while now. I'm not sure if I still believe everything I wrote in them; most of my ideas are constantly changing. But I'd like to hear some thoughts about them please.

http://bad-sports.com/~archive/revolution/index.html

As covered in the very first essay in this series, Introduction to the Revolution, their are some very primal drives guiding both sides of the Revolution.

Have you read Maslow? If not, you MUST!!

However, you fail to make an adequete (in my mind) connection between the increase in crime in Soulth Africa and the end of aparthaid.

And, of course:

The USA has yet to make public any evidence linking Bin Laden or Afghanistan to the attacks against the USA. It must be said that the release of evidence could endanger intelligence operatives currently in the field. On the other hand, the USA asking the world to just accept their word is a bit too much to stomach. Australia has a duty to support the USA because the USA saved Australia in World War Two, and Australia has been riding the USA's coat-tails and living under the USA's shield ever since, but evidence really should be supplied before bombs start falling.

Well, there is that tape. I disagree with your assesment of our actions in Afghanistan, but that is a different thread.

On the whole, well done.

Yes, I didn't see that tape until well after I had written that stuff. As soon as I can get some SSH uploading happening here from uni, I will update some of it.

As for the Apartheid thing, well, I wanted to describe the why and how of the change mostly. That it was brought about by the minority, with reasonable intentions, but overall was just a great big mess.

I've heard of Maslow in school of course, years ago. But never read anything by that one. What's it all about?

Blimey mate,

You should farm out your genes to women who want smart babies at fifty quid a pop (So to speak) I come from an area where the average reading age is ten and it is very refreshing to witness such intelligent writing in one of such slender years.

I don't mean to patronise. Was that patronising?
(Patronise means talk-down to people :D)

I learned stuff today and it's your fault.

Cheers

Xev: Yes, I remember now, thanks for reminding me.

BBCboy: Slender years?! I'm a whole 28! :p Thanks. :)

The South Africa piece is well done. The problem there was the external pressure combined with the whites refused to teach the majority how to govern. It is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

There is a solution, but the whites have to solve it - the key is education.

Like name that tune, I could fix that country in five years....guaranteed.

Back