Coincidence?

atheroy

Registered Senior Member
i think it is only a little bit coincidental that without humans, everything would still exist except, instead of humans giving all this meaning to it (and requiring narrow minded people to retreat behind the veil of "god" because the scope and size of the universe is massive and therefore short-circuits many people's brains) everything would just EXIST. the universe has no purpose, if a conscious being (god for example) existed and created the universe the universe would have a purpose, all conscious thought does- that is the dictionary meaning (seeing we all like to be so anal around here). if this conscious being created the universe it was created for a reason- that is not the case. remove humans from the equation (seeing we are the only species with conscious thought) and the universe has no purpose, the only reason we think it has purpose is because we like to think we are important. so, include humans into the equation and you have the same outcome- there is no purpose behind the universe, we would just like there to be purpose so we can try to comprehend the universe and think that we are not here without a purpose. that is what is most distressing, the thought that we have no purpose- and we don’t- is an idea very few would like to entertain and therefore god comes into the equation to ease people’s discomfort.

where there is life there is a purpose... to pass dna foward

but if you mean consciousness... cogito ergo sum... you take men from the equation and there is no universe... there is no spoon :m:

hahaha

life has a purpose, all animals pass on dna, i'm just saying that what sort of purpose is that? life's greatest achievment is for us to pass on our dna, i'm cool with that, but i think god is a hyped up form of self flattery as it means humans have a much GREATER purpose than most are willing to accept. all i was saying is that the universe has no purpose and for it to have been formed by a conscious thought (that of 'gods') it would HAVE to have a purpose, it doesn't so the arguement that god exists is at fualt.

What if God intended for their to be no purpose. (what an oxy moron) Purpose creates conflict wether your thinking about human nature or fundemental science. If their was a god, (by christion defintion) then he would have no porpose so why is it hard to believe that he would create a universe modeled after himself with no pupose.

why do humans then have purpose. if god was perfect and he had no purpose he wouldn't be perfect. he could also not then entertain the idea of purpose because he is already perfect- perfect can't change. what a conundrum.

god established in genesis that our purpose is to multiply... i dont know what he'd want that for though...

there are quite many contradictions in the existence of god as a thinking entity, but i dont think the fact that us, mortals of limited capacity of view, not being able to se a purpose in our own creation would be one of them...

is your own capacity to view limited only by your thought? i reckon so. i think that we have every reason and ability to question our own existence and therefore reason of existence- whether to try and displace the idea of god or just for the fun of finding out where we have come from. god as a thinking entity can't exist either because if he is omniscient then he has thought every idea through and is no longer and never was a thinking being but an absolute being.

Back