Coffee can reduce breast cancer... and breast size, too!

Which one would you prefer?

• I rather have smaller boobs, but lower cancer risk

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I rather have bigger boobs, but higher cancer risk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My boobs are too big already, I'll drink (more) coffee!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amethyst08

Registered Senior Member
http://www.thelocal.se/15016/20081016/

Woman with an average weight but big breasts and a high number of mammary glands run an above average risk of developing breast cancer.

Previous studies have shown that women can reduce this risk by drinking at least three cups of coffee a day.

On the other hand:

Women who drink a lot of coffee may see their breasts become more petite, according to the results of a new Swedish study.

* Immigrant women going without mammograms (29 Sep 08)
* Sweden sees heart attack fatality drop by half (18 Sep 08)
* British doctors talk up Swedish 'snus' (9 Sep 08)

Given the option, would you rather have smaller boobs or lower risk of cancer? The poll is just kidding :eek:.

Your thoughts about the findings?

Is it coffee or caffeine? Can I drink Mountain Dew and get the same results?

Have you vote in the poll? :eek: The research was conducted by observing the number of coffee cups taken. It doesn't suggest caffeine (or theine, for example), but I would assume it is the caffeine in the coffee.

Ah, dear old caffeine. :)

Surely the smaller breast size would be from caffeine overstimulating their metabolism so they lost fat?

I'd bet it's the coffee. Fresh coffee is full of anti-oxidents.

Yeah, and there's always a tradeoff.

For example, if your boobs get smaller, do they also get more dense? If this is the case, then detecting a tumor via a mammogram is more difficult.

So it could be that if you DO get a tumor, the chances of detecting it early are reduced. For an experience of a woman with dense breasts, see here:http://cosmicvariance.com/2008/10/17/when-cancer-strikes/. Women with denser breasts should be encouraged to have MRI's instead of Mammograms when it comes to things like this.

I'd be rather concerned for any woman that would choose bigger breasts over eliminating breast cancer.
It's easy to forget just how dangerous breast cancer is. IIRC, it can sneak up on you and kill you very quickly if you don't catch/treat it in time.

Besides, even though I love me some boobies, their size does not matter. I could be just as happy motorboating a set of A cups, as I would C or D cups. LOL

VI
Ah, dear old caffeine. :)

Surely the smaller breast size would be from caffeine overstimulating their metabolism so they lost fat?

Yesterday when I made this thread, I read something about that women with high mammary gland have higher risk of breast cancer, and coffee could reduce this amount of mammary gland. I am not sure how the mechanism of it, though. According to one article in sciencedaily:

The effect of coffee is related to estrogens, female sex hormones. Certain metabolic products of these hormones are known to be carcinogenic, and various components of coffee can alter the metabolism so that a woman acquires a better configuration of various estrogens. What’s more, coffee contains caffeine, which also hampers the growth of cancer cells.

Madanthonywayne:

I'd bet it's the coffee. Fresh coffee is full of anti-oxidents.

Coffee indeed is number one source of antioxidants:

Coffee came out on top, on the combined basis of both antioxidants per serving size and frequency of consumption, Vinson says. Java easily outranked such popular antioxidant sources as tea, milk, chocolate and cranberries, he says. Of all the foods and beverages studied, dates actually have the most antioxidants of all based solely on serving size, according to Vinson. But since dates are not consumed at anywhere near the level of coffee, the blue ribbon goes to our favorite morning pick-me-up as the number one source of antioxidants, he says.

Besides keeping you alert and awake, coffee has been linked to an increasing number of potential health benefits, including protection against liver and colon cancer, type 2 diabetes, and Parkinson's disease, according to some recently published studies. But there's also a downside: Java can make you jittery and cause stomach pains, while some studies have tied it to elevated blood pressure and heart rates. More research is needed, particularly human studies, to firmly establish its health benefits, Vinson says.

I have heard many times about effect of anti-oxidants on reducing cancer, but I haven't really look up how exactly the mechanism works.

BenTheMan:

Yeah, and there's always a tradeoff.

For example, if your boobs get smaller, do they also get more dense? If this is the case, then detecting a tumor via a mammogram is more difficult.

So it could be that if you DO get a tumor, the chances of detecting it early are reduced. For an experience of a woman with dense breasts, see here:http://cosmicvariance.com/2008/10/17/when-cancer-strikes/. Women with denser breasts should be encouraged to have MRI's instead of Mammograms when it comes to things like this.

I have no idea about the relation between boobs size and boobs density, but I suppose that the after-transplants boobs are always denser than natural boobs!

Enmos:

Can I vote as well ? :cool:

Don't you know yet why men have no boobs? It's because they drink a lot of coffee :p

Mikenostic:
I'd be rather concerned for any woman that would choose bigger breasts over eliminating breast cancer.
It's easy to forget just how dangerous breast cancer is. IIRC, it can sneak up on you and kill you very quickly if you don't catch/treat it in time.

Besides, even though I love me some boobies, their size does not matter. I could be just as happy motorboating a set of A cups, as I would C or D cups. LOL

I never get check up for this, in fact I have NEVER really thought about it. I guess that I should check myself up, because one source say that this type of cancer is indeed found in 1 out of 8 women.

Last edited:
How about all women over 35 get a masectomy and breast implants? It could end breast cancer and saggy boobs all in one fell swoop! As an added bonus, since it's preventative medicine, it should be covered by insurance.

Mikenostic:

I never get check up for this, in fact I have NEVER really thought about it. I guess that I should check myself up, because one source say that this type of cancer is indeed found in 1 out of 8 women.
Yeah, Christina Applegate had a case of it recently. Luckily she survived it but wound up having to get a double mastectomy.
Since I'm not a woman, I don't have to directly worry about it, but I will admit that I think it's one of the nastier/more dangerous types of cancer.

How about all women over 35 get a masectomy and breast implants? It could end breast cancer and saggy boobs all in one fell swoop! As an added bonus, since it's preventative medicine, it should be covered by insurance.
No.
real boobs >>>>>>>>>> (purely cosmetic)fake boobs

How much does it cost? Just kidding.

I've tried to google for side effect or negative effect of masectomy and I don't find anything except some temporal effect. What is this world coming to? :runaway:

No.
real boobs >>>>>>>>>> (purely cosmetic)fake boobs
I prefer real boobs too. But don't forget, we're talking about old real boobs (not young, pert boobs) v/s new fake ones with the added bonus of no breast cancer. Seems like a win/win.

Forget about coffee, women should consume OLIVE OIL more, because it's not only can ENHANCE boobs size, but also REDUCE breast cancer. Links:

This is not from a scientific paper, but one can try to google for scientific one:

http://ambafrance-do.org/alternative/32991.php

According to several resources, Olive oil IS nature's wonder drug. Olive oil is composed of and up to 30mg of Vitamin E, contains Provitamin A (carotene), has up to 83% Monounsaturated Fatty acis (oleic), contains up to 20% Polyunsaturated unfatty acis (Linoleic), and also has up to 23.5% Saturated fatty acids. Olive oil is gluten-free and virually salt-free and one teaspoon contributes 8% RDA for Vitamin E. According to scientific and medical findings, diets rich in olive oil promote good health and longevity. It also reduces unnecessary cholesterol and limits arteriosclerosis. Otherwise, Olive Oil is the homeopathic way to prevent coronory disease.
Some cancers have actually been reduced in number (e.g., breast & ovarian cancer), in the Mediterannean due to olive oil consumption.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Different-Ways-to-Increase-Breasts-Size&id=1515258

Eating food that contain phytoestrogens(plant hormones that mimic estrogen) like soya, oats, lentils etc can also increase the firmness of the breast. Healthy fat like nuts, seeds and olive oil can make the breasts look healthy and food like lean meat, fish, fruits and veggies can increase the suppleness and elasticity of breasts.

http://www.bustbeauty.com/aboutus_vbe.html

Venus Breast Enhance is made with extra virgin olive oil herbal extracts. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin variety (cold-pressed), is excellent for the skin for the following reasons:

* it is excellent for dehydrated skin
* helps in the prevention and treatment of stretchmarks and scars
* other benefits include heart health
(see California Olive Oil Council Web Site for more information on the benefits of olive oil)

Last edited:
coffee contains caffeine, which also hampers the growth of cancer cells.

Wow.

I declare caffeine the official Elixir of Life.

So if you know someone who has cancer, should you recommend that they ingest lots of caffeine??

Back