Coat vs. Clothes?

Kumar

Registered Senior Member
Hello,

Have we lost our coat (fur) due to wearing clothes?

Do we really need clothing?

Best wishes.

Great question Kumar, I've always wondered this myself. I wonder if it was due to warming after the last ice age...a climate adaption....or maybe stone aged women liked their men less hairy, so we were progressively selected to be less hairy.
Or maybe is was one of those sunlight/vitamin d swapoffs...I'm not sure.

Wearing clothes can be quite old. Let us check it with those parts, which remain exposed. Head and face have hairs.

We never had fur we have hair.

You may call it coat or thick concentration and long hair.

Another issue;

By wearing different type of clothes in different exposures. Unless clothing matches with the natural covering with hair, there can difference in environmental exposures, heat, light etc. Does it impact physilogically to humans? Any application of heal or light to any part may cause physiological activities at that part acutely.

You may call it coat or thick concentration and long hair.

Another issue;

By wearing different type of clothes in different exposures. Unless clothing matches with the natural covering with hair, there can difference in environmental exposures, heat, light etc. Does it impact physilogically to humans? Any application of heal or light to any part may cause physiological activities at that part acutely.

Have you ever seen a 300 pound man or woman naked, I have and it isn't a pretty thing to see. Keep clothes on, let me imagine what's under them.

well, it depends where you live.
Here in eastern europe, its impractical to be naked even during the summer, not to mention spring or fall when average temp is around 15c.
But as far as I have seen from pictures and TV, native people living in africa or some rainforests wander around mostly naked (some covering their genitalia)
So, I think its mostly combination of physiological and social reasons.

edit>

... and I remember reading some theory about humans living in shallow waters after they came down from trees, so they lost most of the hairs but head and face...wikipedia article about it

Last edited:
Darkskinned people living in certain environments - near the cliffside beach of a tropical ocean, with the mouth of a river nearby and scattered groves of trees back up the shore, say - don't need any clothes.

They don't need any tools, either - shallow water and woods-edge or savannah boundary environments provide an excellent diet that can be hand caught/gathered and eaten raw.

And they have refuge from weather and enemies - into the water, under and up the trees, along and up the cliff.

Not that I'm suggesting anything - - -

Darkskinned people living in certain environments - near the cliffside beach of a tropical ocean, with the mouth of a river nearby and scattered groves of trees back up the shore, say - don't need any clothes.

They don't need any tools, either - shallow water and woods-edge or savannah boundary environments provide an excellent diet that can be hand caught/gathered and eaten raw.

And they have refuge from weather and enemies - into the water, under and up the trees, along and up the cliff.

So, you've found a new home! When are you leaving to go there?

So, you've found a new home! When are you leaving to go there?
Insufficient funds.

Those places are in high demand, for some reason, and the rich have taken most of them over.

It seems as though everyone has the same idea about what a nice place to live is. Funny, that.

I find that wherever I have lived, it is ME that makes my house my home. If anyone takes the time they too can be very comfortable inside wherever they may live. It just takes a little imagination and adding the stuff you want around you.

well, it depends where you live.
Here in eastern europe, its impractical to be naked even during the summer, not to mention spring or fall when average temp is around 15c.
But as far as I have seen from pictures and TV, native people living in africa or some rainforests wander around mostly naked (some covering their genitalia)
So, I think its mostly combination of physiological and social reasons.

edit>

... and I remember reading some theory about humans living in shallow waters after they came down from trees, so they lost most of the hairs but head and face...wikipedia article about it

Is it not due to the fact that either we have lost the coat or become habitual to wear clothes so get yemp. effect acoordingly?

Thanks for link.

I think, those living naturally.

I don't know where you live but over here its not advisable to walk around with no clothes on during the winter months.

Can't it be tolerance dependant. One can become habitual to different environments after some time. Hybernating.

Back