Coast to Coast AM -- late night radio show

AloneAgainOr

Registered Member
This show might be one of the single worst perpetrators of psuedoscience ever. Last night a man was talking about shooting energy out of his eyes, and even made the claim that everyone projects energy out of their eyes.

Do any of you listen to this show? What are some of the worst pseudoscientific claims you've heard?

Yep, I have heard many shows.
Usually off of youtube and they are shows I am specifically looking for.
I can imagine after being on the air for so long there are bound to be some crazy ass shit on there...so they had Cyclops on the show huh, lol.

When I was a kid I listened to Art Bell's online archives and live broadcasts for a while because I was interested in UFOs and just wanted to believe in this stuff. Then I learned how much feces was being flung about on that show, all the ridiculous hoaxes people were pulling, and all the acid trippers who hung onto every word like it's absolute truth if it comes from some guy in a trailer in the desert with fancy broadcast equipment in his yard. They should have Captain Kirk on the show for an interview or two, I'd take it more seriously than 99% of the crap they discuss.

These guys are all dreamers, they desperately want their crap to be true and they don't take kindly to straight shooters who tell it like it really is. The Hale-Bopp comet cult which committed mass suicide had a link to Art Bell's show on their website, and Bell fed a lot of the paranoia which led to this incident (and who knows how many others?). Then he tried to claim he was debunking the Hale-Bopp paranoia, which is another load of BS because I remember listening to some of his shows when that comet was still visible in the skies.

Brian Greene actually made an appearance on the show a few years ago because the trailer trash who listen to it keep confusing bad scientology flicks and Oprah Winfrey physics lectures with actual science, so he made an appealing guest to them. I've never heard anyone cut through the show's BS as cleanly and effectively as he did, talking nothing but the straight truth about how the scientific world actually works. They didn't like it, and Bell was desperate for Greene to acknowledge some validity in their psychobabble, but he refused to play by their rules and gave them a damn good dose of common sense. You can find the archive of that interview on the web for free if you know where to look.

This show might be one of the single worst perpetrators of psuedoscience ever. Last night a man was talking about shooting energy out of his eyes, and even made the claim that everyone projects energy out of their eyes.

Do any of you listen to this show? What are some of the worst pseudoscientific claims you've heard?

Actually it is kind of true... If a light source is of the right frequency and the eyeballs don't absorb it, then it will be reflected. This is proven just by doing a google image search for "red eye"

Of course it doesn't mean you can slice cheese with it, or heat a cup of coffee up or anything. (In fact it's pretty useless for any of these)

BTW I remember Art Bell used to constantly pitch this stupid yearlong food supply several times per show, every show. He also claimed he bought his own stash. He said if nothing bad ever happened, you could still eat the food like a regular meal. I hope he enjoyed his year's worth of canned homeless shelter refuse, because the shelf life was supposedly only 10 years, and that's pretty much how long it's been since I stopped listening to that junk. Why couldn't they all spend the money they wasted on bomb shelters in the middle of nowhere on a guy like me instead? I'd actually do something useful with their money, like use it for toilet paper.

Phil Plait, Brian Greene, Michio Kaku, Edgar Mitchell.
They do have a very few interesting guests, but you have to wade through a lot of B.S.
IMO the worst was a russian UFO investigator named paul stonehill or bart siebrel.

BTW I remember Art Bell used to constantly pitch this stupid yearlong food supply several times per show, every show. He also claimed he bought his own stash. He said if nothing bad ever happened, you could still eat the food like a regular meal. I hope he enjoyed his year's worth of canned homeless shelter refuse, because the shelf life was supposedly only 10 years, and that's pretty much how long it's been since I stopped listening to that junk. Why couldn't they all spend the money they wasted on bomb shelters in the middle of nowhere on a guy like me instead? I'd actually do something useful with their money, like use it for toilet paper.

Actually Refurbished Bomb shelters are quite the trend in the Technology Centre market. Of course the shelters have to be prefabricated and not too far out in the sticks where you can't connect them up to the rest of the world and there is always the off chance that should something happen like a war, you could find all your servers turfed out the shelter for an influx of civilians. (Although most of the worlds governments try to make sure this never happens)

I suppose you could say the shelters were an investment, just not the right investment.

I watched an episode of a T.V. show called "T.V. made me do it" where it followed a few thoughtless individuals as they either got suckered into buying a bomb shelter or set up a house in the middle of nowhere, to survive the apocalyptic scenes of American fiction. This stupid lady who was living out in the middle of nowhere with her son thought she was so safe- she had a little moat, was talking about putting up booby traps around her house for protection, etc. etc. Little did she think about the most obvious danger to their wellbeing- a medical emergency. WTF would she do if her son got a nasty gash out in the woods and the nearest hospital is hours away?

Buying bomb shelters is useless unless you live somewhere that terrorists would actually find worth attacking, like Ground Zero in NYC. Then if you're concerned about an attack, you can do what the Israelis do and set up a reinforced safety room in your building. Seeing people buy giant cans of metal to plop down in their front yards is ridiculous- if their crappy, worthless little towns got nuked, they wouldn't have time to get to their shelters, and if they did, those shelters would probably get tossed around so the people inside can be bludgeoned to death, or trapped inside and cut off from the outside world.

Some people suffer the delusion that the government actually cares which roof they're tarring on that particular day. Those folks are the mainstay of Art Bell's show.

Back