Cleveland County man reports encounter with Bigfoot

common_sense_seeker

Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador
Valued Senior Member
Cleveland County man reports encounter with Bigfoot.

He was 10 feet tall, with a long beard and yellowish-blond hair, Tim Peeler says.
And in the early-morning hours of June 5, Peeler told authorities, the creature – a Cleveland County version of Bigfoot – wandered onto Peeler’s property in the rural northwest part of the county.
The Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office has filed the case as a “suspicious person report” but says it is keeping an open mind.
Peeler lives on Vanada Drive, northwest of the town of Casar. There is little or no civilization between his property and South Mountain State Park, one of North Carolina’s least-developed recreational sites. He told deputies he heard screeching and grunting sounds, came outside his cabin, and saw the creature near his mountain home. Peeler told authorities he thought the creature might be menacing his dogs.

FYI. Can't be long before the definitive video arrives.

Man you're gullible. If you've ever studied body language you'd know that fat guy was lying when we demonstrated how he shooed the creature away with that stick. If he's lying about that, I wonder what else he fabricated?

Man you're gullible. If you've ever studied body language you'd know that fat guy was lying when we demonstrated how he shooed the creature away with that stick. If he's lying about that, I wonder what else he fabricated?
So you're 'fattist' as well are you? Proud of being a slim blonde are we?

Hurm... I gather this is an example thread of circular logic.

• OP posts what he "believes" or technically wants others to believe he believes,
  • Posters respond claiming its stupid, a lie, not real, falsified (because it is)
  • OP rudely responds back to en-rile posters to be ruder or more upset
  • Thread gets used by one or other person as an example of either poor moderatorship or how the moderator is a nazi for locking it, banning people... etc.

Since I've pretty much spelt out the usual condition for such threads, perhaps people might take a slightly different approach to dealing with this.

As for the actual topic, It's stuff and nonsense. If you find something big and furry in the woods, especially in the North America's it's likely a bear, otherwise it's just a completely made up story to gain attention.

What if an entire sheriff's department had an encounter at close range, with at least 10 clear corresponding eye-witness accounts? What then? We disbelieve them all??

What if an entire sheriff's department had an encounter at close range, with at least 10 clear corresponding eye-witness accounts? What then? We disbelieve them all??

Obviously the witnesses would be scrutinized after all they might well be members of say law enforcement but it doesn't mean they are immune to all the things that normal average citizens are effected by, the only difference is the potential that they might be vetted by the county or state they are in.

Sometimes it's best to look at things not from an angle of "I believe anything until proven false", but "I disbelieve everything until proven true". After all you have a simple statement made by the fictional Character Sherlock Holmes;
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Any number of the conspiracies that you put forwards will have tens if not hundreds of potential reasons for occurring, belief only picks one of those outcomes and ignores all the others. Science attempts to reason all the outcomes and then slowly but surely cut them down through logic to identify whatever is left.

It can be a painstaking process if done, which is why some are impatient and just skip to the outcome.

When it happens, we'll discuss that. I would expect several good photos, maybe some video, or even a dead Yeti carcass as evidence. I would hope one of them would think to look for hair, so we can get a DNA profile.

See, here's the thing. I have pets, cats and dogs. They shed hair, lots of hair. We spend a fair amount of time vacuuming that up. if there were a population of Yeti, hair would be found. If that guy really thought he videoed a Yeti, why didn't he go look for a sample of hair snagged on a branch along the path it took? Yeti DNA would be incontrivertible evidence. Yet, he chose to not even look.

Back