Christ's Victory Over Satan. Huh!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Volont

Registered Senior Member
Christ’s Victory Over Satan. Huh!?

One needs to wonder to what a great extent Faith must be applied to every aspect of Protestant Belief, for instance, it is often claimed by Protestants that Christ was Victorious over Satan. Really? Only by the Greatest Faith could anybody ever assert such a thing. If one were only consulting an ordinary lucid sense of Reality, it would rather seem more likely to suppose that Christ’s defeat could hardly have been more total. By what conceivable standards or scoring could it ever be said that Christ was Victorious? Indeed, if the Second Coming of Christ were to work out roughly as ‘well’ as the First, we could expect this Next Christ to be entirely snubbed in His drive to be King of Kings, so that He would leave behind no Moralized Institutions to govern Political, Economic and Social Conduct. In Three Years he would be remembered for only one complete Sermon and just several cryptic stories. That He would be executed by His own Co-Religionists for Blasphemy and Treason. And, finally, that what little bit He did teach would soon be set aside in favor of Doctrines set forth by one of His executioners, contradicting everything He had taught. I am caught in a bind here between wondering which is more difficult to imagine – that this could be construed as a Victory over Satan, or how it could possibly have come out any worse for Christ.

But the Battle went on. They should have a saying, “Don’t send a Boy to do a Mother’s Job”. With Christ killed and sent back to Heaven, His Mother Mary, shuttling back and forth between Heaven and Earth, was able to influence Church and Societal Institutions more in line with what Her Son would have wanted. I wish I could say that where Christ had lost the Battle, Mary had won the War, but after better than thirteen hundred years of progressively distancing Church Doctrine from Paul, the Invention of the Printing Press made the writings of Paul widely available, giving That Satan his second breath. This time, instead of Christ being Crucified, it was His Church and the Civilization around which it had been formed that were brought to collapse. Satan had won Round One, and Satan had won Round Two.

Now we have what survives of Christendom, which used to stretch from Finland to Sicily, from Ireland to Jerusalem, now occupying a bare City Block in Rome where the Pope, once the Secular Head of a Civilization, is now held under what amounts to a virtual house arrest. All Authority has been usurped away from The Church while those who call themselves “Christians” toss their votes to Secular Politicians who have no further political view beyond advancing the Cause of Usury and unrestricted exploitation. Our Statesman have learned that the ‘Christian Vote’ goes to the most extreme War Mongers. Is this not Satan winning Round Three.

Anyway, if there will be a Second Coming of Christ… if Satan has not intimidated a punch-drunk Christ into cowering forever afraid in Heaven… then I hope Christ can attain to a higher Standard of Victory than last time. A Victory where He can achieve Executive Control over the Institutions of World Society. A Victory where He can set forth a complete catalogue of Moral and Religious Teachings. A Victory where He doesn’t get Murdered by those who should be rendering Him honor and obeisance. A Victory where His Enemies don’t get to write the Doctrines and toss out His Teachings. But mostly a Victory in which He doesn’t get His Butt kicked, not Once, not Twice, but Three Times. One more ‘Victory’ like that and Christ would really be screwed.

Leo,

I don't quite follow you on this one:

“Don’t send a Boy to do a Mother’s Job”. With Christ killed and sent back to Heaven, His Mother Mary, shuttling back and forth between Heaven and Earth,

I would say don't send Mary to do Jesus' job.

1st Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ist Corinthians 10: 1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Where does the bible say Mary is in control of things?

By the way Satan has been God's punching bag from beginning to end:

Round 1:

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Lightning falls real fast, and Jesus was there to see it. How about Satan is knocked out in round 1 before the opening bell stops ringing.

Round 2:

OK, so God gets bloody in this one

1st Corinthians 2: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Uh-oh Satan, the prince of darkness, screwed up again what a dupe! Satan's taking an awful bad whooping. He went for the big sucker punch.

Round 3:

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

How about Satan is thrown out of the ring, the building, and clean off of the face of the earth. It's over. Curtains for Satan! And Jesus aint even worked up a sweat!

Last edited:
If one were only consulting an ordinary lucid sense of Reality,..

And this is coming from you? Leo? :D

I am beginining to think you aren't even Catholic. You just make it up as you go.

Please use your other thread on the same topic, Leo.

[thread=45065]here[/thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back