Christianity - a brief history

Master of Illusion

Registered Senior Member
Yesterday I came across an interesting web page that outlined the history of Christianity in a fairly unique way. It is not sympathetic to Christianity at all and I suspect most Christians would not agree with it. They are the modern day victims of Christianity, see No 12 on the list below.

Go here to view it.

1) Built on a myth: Yaweh (Jehovah)
2) Based on an embecile Yeshu (Jesus), a fabricated mongrel cross between Bachus, Apollo, Prometheus and Mithra
3) Promoted by a brutal misogynist Saul (Paul)
4) Adopted by criminals Early Catholic Church
5) Adapted by forgers Early Catholic Church
6) Embellished by fraudsters Early Catholic Church
7) Formalised by a murderer Emperor Constantine
8) Enforced by torturers Catholic Church, crusades and inquisitions
9) Split by an executioner King Henry the Eighth of England
10) Salvaged by gangsters Pope's thugs
11) Claimed by big business Catholic Church and Churches in general
12) Marketed as the Divine Truth Church, Ignorant media, President Bush etc.

Let's assume that the world got rid of religion what would you replace it with? Whatever you come up with better be alot better then what we got or else it's same-o BS.

Robert Ruark the writer said it first in his book something of value:"“When you change a man’s way of life you had better have something of value with which to replace it.”

Another quotation from "The english teacher"

"At the time I had just read Robert Ruark's book, Something of Value. It was about a native tribe in Africa that had turned to terrorism and murder and other actions that had previously been against their values. The message of the book was that as the British civilization and power had come into this area, they had destroyed the natives' religion and their gods, leaving a vacuum of belief that the philosophy of murder and terrorism could fill. Now the British were fighting terrorists that they had created. The theme behind the title of the book was that before one destroyed the values that people lived by, they should be prepared to replace them with something of value"

Greco said:
Let's assume that the world got rid of religion what would you replace it with? Whatever you come up with better be alot better then what we got or else it's same-o BS.
Why replace it with anything? Who is advocating getting rid of religion anyway?

Most Christians these days behave "humanistically" anyway.

All I was doing was presenting this view of the history of Christianity throughout the ages.

CA, I think I've may have maligned you once or twice earlier on and I owe you an apology. The more I read about you, the more reasonable you seem. Not that I agree with everything either. Not that you probably give a rat's ass about what I think-- but there it is.

ConsequentAtheist said:
It seems like a pathetically childish view to me. What do you think?

I don't agree. I think it is quite accurate although written in non pc language which would tend to put some people off.

okinrus said:
Both Visitor and Mastor of Illusion need to read up on some Christian history

I don't expect Christians to acknowledge that their religion is based on myth and fraud. This can come later when and if a Christian deconverts.

Master of Illusion said:
I don't agree. I think it is quite accurate ...
It remains to be seen whether or not what you think on the subject is worth anything at all. I think of people such as Hillel, Philo, Aquinas, Maimonides, Augustine, Spinoza, and you and your inane post end up looking very, very small. I predict that your input never rises much above sophomoric generalizations and childish ridicule. We'll see ...

I don't expect Christians to acknowledge that their religion is based on myth and fraud. This can come later when and if a Christian deconverts
----------------
If A person "deconverts" they were never a christian to begin with.
After you've known the presense of Jesus Christ, you can never be the same.
You might fall many times, and even try to run - but you'll never find peace untill you come back. If you're really His, He'll never leave you alone.
Your a prisoner of love, and you'll do anything to stay there.

TheVisitor said:
If A person "deconverts" they were never a christian to begin with.
After you've known the presense of Jesus Christ, you can never be the same.
You might fall many times, and even try to run - but you'll never find peace untill you come back. If you're really His, He'll never leave you alone.
Your a prisoner of love, and you'll do anything to stay there.

Visitor, that old chestnut is not only untrue, it is very offensive to former Christians. Ever heard of Dan Barker?

From the testimony of deconverted Christians (esp former fundies), when they finally give up those beliefs they experience a new freedom, freedom from dogma and doctrine, much better than any feelings that Jesus Christ would invoke.

Last edited:
Back